Chapter 9: Alarm Bells

~The Next Morning...~

"Boo...!"

"God...fuck!" You jumped, slowly turning your head to face Jaemin standing behind you. "What did I say about creeping up on me, man?! Warn me!"

"I'm sorry, damn! You make it so hard not to!" He laughed. "So, where are you heading?"

"I was gonna find Johnny and Jaehyun to see if they needed any help setting up the animal traps, but I can't find either of them..." You explained with a small frown.

"Maybe they already left...?" He suggested to you, to which you shrugged.

"Maybe..."

"Who are you guys looking for?" You heard Johnny's voice come from behind the two of you, which slightly confused you.

"Hey, Johnny, have you seen Jaehyun anywhere?" You inquired.

"Not since yesterday, no." Johnny shook his head.

"Okay, what about Taeyong?"

"Nope, haven't seen him either." He shook his head again. "Why?"

"Wait a minute..." Jaemin turned you to look at him. "Weren't you with them yesterday?"

"Yeah, I was, but Taeyong told me to start heading back without them. I haven't seen him or Jaehyun since..." You shrugged again.

"Okay, that is a little weird..." Johnny mumbled, looking up from the ground just in time to see Sungchan and Doyoung running up to the three of you.

"Good morning, you guys." Sungchan greeted. "Can you come out to the pool in a few minutes? Taeyong wants to talk to all of us."

"What's going on?" Jaemin asked, confusion slowly creeping onto his face.

"We don't know." Doyoung shrugged. "He doesn't look like he's doing too hot, though..."

Your stomach turned, thinking about what he possibly could've meant.

"We're just going around telling everyone." Sungchan turned to you, noticing your quick change in facial expressions. "Y/N, you okay?"

"Huh?" You snapped out of your short daze. "Oh, y-yeah, I'm good...You said he's at the pool, right?" They both nodded, and you took Jaemin by his wrist to the nearest elevator.

"Woah, are you sure you're okay?"

"Something about this doesn't seem right to me..." You muttered, waiting for the elevator doors to open.

"What doesn't seem right?"

"Don't know yet; I gotta figure that out..."

~~~~

Taeyong paced back and forth by the pool, a small bead of sweat rolling down his temple as he heard a multitude of footsteps coming towards him. He looked up and sighed at the group of you.

"Is this everyone?" He turned to Doyoung.

"It should be."