Closing

December 17th, 2025
2:27 PM

You peered over your shoulder as the truck came to a stop on the dirt, looking at a particular wood cabin, and you reached across the cargo bed to grab a duffel bag, hopping out with the bag clutched in your fist. The truck shut off, and you heard the driver's side door open and close as you walked around the back of the vehicle.

"Alright, so you remember what to grab?" Jaemin saw you coming and already had his head turned in your direction, an unlit cigarette in between his fingers.

"Uhhh, mostly apple preserves," You started rattling off a multitude of items. "Some cherry, blueberry, and...pear...?" Your eyebrows slowly scrunched as you looked up at Jaemin. "Kun said pear, right?"

"Yep, two jars." Jaemin nodded, holding up two fingers with his free hand. "Remember, it's for the Jungle Juice."

"Right..." You trailed off. "And water. Just a shit ton of water...I know Kun was real adamant on me grabbing a whole lot of water..."

"I meeean..." Jaemin giggled lowly. "If he's gonna cook up a Christmas feast like he said he was, he might just need 'a shit ton of water.'"

You laughed a little. "Got a point there. Alright, I think I'm gonna need an extra bag, is there one in there?" You asked, knocking on one of the back doors to the truck.

"Should be. Jisung handled the bags before we left..." Jaemin went to open one of the doors, peering across the seats before his eyes floated down to the floor. "Yeah, there's like four of them in here."

"Cool," You sighed as Jaemin handed you another empty duffel bag. "I'll be outta there soon then. Watch my back?"

"Of course," Jaemin smirked, pecking you on your lips. "You know I always got you."

"Thank you, baby." You grinned. "Now don't smoke up that whole pack while I'm in there; at least save me one."

Jaemin giggled again as he lit his cigarette. "I know, I know..."

You trotted up to the cabin, duffel bags in hand, but then you paused the more you stared at the log house. "Aye, this kinda looks like the same cabin Chenle picked me up at..." You yelled back to Jaemin.

"You sure?" You saw Jaemin tilt his head, smoke spilling from his mouth. "We have three other ones out this way that look the same..."

"I'm pretty positive, 'cause look," You walked up the steps to find a long-dead male walker sprawled out on the porch, its brains already browned, and its eyes blackened. You could spot a bullet hole in its temple that was poorly covered by its bangs.

You pointed to the walker. "I shot ole boy when I first came here. He almost snatched my ass up," You sort of chuckled.

"Thank God for weapons, right?" You chuckled again at Jaemin's response as you crept your way into the cabin.

While you twisted the doorknob, you could've sworn you heard a bit of scuffling coming from inside the house, but kind of chalked it up to rats.

The cabin's interior was pretty much the same as before...at least you thought it was, though, you didn't remember the mattress on the floor being dressed in sheets, a slightly thin comforter, and a stray pillow.

Maybe one of the guys brought it over one day...? It looked like the same sheets you'd see at the resort, but not quite – there were minimal designs that differed from the hotel sheets.