Chapter 7: Yuta's Friend

A couple of days went by, nothing much happening aside from you occasionally helping the boys run errands and Johnny, Jaehyun, and Lucas training you every afternoon.

Mark would also be with the four of you, but because of his arm, Johnny wouldn't let him train you.

Now you're at the end of the week - three in the morning on Saturday, and you were downstairs in the hotel lobby with Jaemin, you watching the cameras from behind the check-in desk while Jaemin took a short nap next to you.

You felt yourself dozing off too, but that was before you heard the telltale ding of the elevator stopping on the ground floor.

You craned your neck a little bit to try and make out who it was stepping off the elevator, but with the dim, barely working lights in the lobby, that proved difficult.

So, you looked back at the computer screen, instantly spotting the figure heading towards the back entrance in a dark blue zip-up hoodie.

"What the...?" You whispered almost in a daze, Jaemin stirring gently next to you.

Flicking your eyes between the digital clock in the corner of your screen, Jaemin, and the camera facing the back entrance, you finally stood up, tiptoeing away from the desk and towards the doors.

You wanted to be quick and discreet, but the figure was moving too swiftly; it was hard for you not to make any noise. Luckily, the figure didn't seem to notice since they continued on their path.

After a couple of minutes, the ground you walked on began to sound crunchier than before, and you heard the hypnotizing sound of waves crashing onto the shore.

Squinting, you realized that you followed the figure to the beach, and you grew even more confused up until they removed their hood.

Your eyes widened at the sight of familiar-looking shoulder-length hair with green streaks.

"Yuta...?"

The boy whipped his head around, the alertness behind his eyes fading once he saw you. "Oh. Hey, Y/N..."

"What're you doing out here so late? You know how dangerous this is?"

"I-I...well..."

You found it odd how nervous Yuta looked with his gaze fixed on the sand. "I...come out here all the time..."

"But why, though?"

"I can show you...if you want..." His voice came out softer than normal, but he gestured for you to follow him, and you do without saying a word.

He takes you somewhere along the shoreline that was a little far from where you both came from, and you were baffled by what you saw spread out across the sand.

"Are these...candles...?"

He hummed, reaching into his hoodie pocket to pull out another candle around the same size as the others and placing it on the ground.

"Don't ask how I got them. It's a bit of a secret..."

"Okay, but what are they for?" You asked out of sheer curiosity.