Chapter 24

I trudge back into the classroom, feeling embarrassed by all the stares I get. Kojima seems unaffected as she sits down heavily in her seat and puts her head down. I don't look at Kuroo still, but I know he's looking at me. I'm still nervous and avoid eye contact. Instead, I walk back to my spot near Yakimoto.

"You're crazy for that," he tells me, but he's smiling. "What did she do, try to steal your man?"

I sigh and nod. I can tell other students are trying to eavesdrop and I don't particularly want the sensei to catch wind of the exciting retelling of my freak out.

"Well, doesn't really surprise me. She really does have a reputation around here. I guess you'd know that if you'd been going to school here for a long time."

"Yeah...I can just tell by looking at her," I glare in her direction and scoff. I'm a little alarmed at how high strung I am right now, but she just pisses me off so much.

"You and Kuroo though..." Yakimoto hedges, side-eyeing me.

"Oh great, do you have something to say about us too??" I say.

He holds his hands up in mock defense. "No, no, you guys are cute I guess. Just unexpected because of who he is, not you."

"Who he was, you mean?" I can't believe I'm being this difficult. He's not even being rude or anything.

"Yeah, that's what I mean. Sorry, not trying to make you mad, I just don't want to work on chemistry and find this more interesting," he shrugs.

Understandable.

So, strangely enough, I answer all of Yakimoto's questions instead of working on chemistry and actually find it strangely therapeutic. He's an inquisitive person and seems like he just likes knowing things. Maybe that's why he's a great listener too. I find myself spilling random facts about how Kuroo and I got together and eventually we just start to talk about our own lives.

He tells me that he's an only child and that his mom died when he was young, so he lives with his dad. I can tell by the way he talks about his dad that there's some tension there. He talks about how he wants to go to an American university and study psychology. I hope the best for him too, he seems like a nice guy.

Before we know it, the bell rings and students hurry to pack their bags and leave this cursed room. The room is also full of patient zeroes who are carrying the gossip about Kuroo and me...and me and Kojima.

I pack my bag and watch Kuroo's feet as he approaches me. When he reaches me, I finally look up at him. A slow smile spreads across his face.

"Let's go," he says, tugging lightly on my hair.

We enter the stream of students rushing to the doors and we both stay quiet, save for Kuroo informing me that Kenna has decided to skip practice and that Kuroo has no choice but to hunt him down and drag his ass to the gym.

We stall outside the back of the gym and I swing my arms lightly.

"Well, spit it out, I know you have to have some sort of comment about chem class," I tell him.

He smirks at me and says, "I mean, what's left to say? I think you covered it all pretty well in there."

"Really? No alarmed boyfriend who realizes he's with a psycho?"

"I mean, I've always known you're a psycho, that quiet girl act didn't fool me so..." Kuroo says.

I slap him on the arm, but he grabs my hand, trapping it there.

"No, you're right. I did have something I wanted to say. I feel like I know why you got so angry in there...But it's just what I have to deal with, I'm used to it. I mean, I brought that upon myself, I'm just sorry you had to hear it. Kojima texted me and told me that she wanted to come over and study, but I saw through that. She's knows that I'll do all the work because I can't handle other people messing things up, so there was clearly only one reason she wanted to come over. What an idiot, did she really think I'd fall for that trick? Or, even worse, that I'd bring her into my home? Ah, it's whatever. I'm sorry about that though, it's all my fault. Did you get in a lot of trouble? Please tell me you didn't."

"Kuroo--I don't care about any of that! It's not fair that you have to suffer through their insults like that. They're clearly just insecure and jealous because it's obvious that you are better than them. I don't regret what I did either. She deserved that. And no, I'm just getting a call home," I reply.

"Do you think your mom will be mad?" He asks, looking a little concerned. 

I shrug. "I'm not sure. She's pretty intense about school so I think she might be a little mad that I did that at school. But I think she'll get where I'm coming from." Hopefully, because I know she would have brawled with my dad's mistress if she ever found them together. She will get it, she has to. 

"Gosh...I cannot believe you did that though. It was even a shock when you put your hands on me like that. So...feisty."

I pull my hand out of his grasp and run them down his hard chest like I did earlier, only this time, I'm facing him. I keep my eyes downcast when I say, "I was so mad she was trying to take what's mine."

Kuroo's quiet so I look up and meet his hazel eyes. They seem darker, his pupils are dilated. "I like when you talk like that."

"Like what?" I want to hear him say it. To spell it out. 

He brings his knuckles to my cheek and runs them slowly up and down my skin. "Like you own me. You were so...possessive...in there. Maybe it's wrong, but I thought it was so fucking attractive."

"Good to know you were getting turned on while I was about to rip all of Kojima's silky hair out," I say, rolling my eyes. Deep down, I'm pleased though. 

He just laughs and pulls my to him, tucking me into his chest. I pull my hands of from where they're still on his chest and wrap them around him. I rub them up and down his back. I get that he's used to his old friends' treatment of him, but I still want to comfort him. Just because he's used to it, doesn't make it right. The energy that was just charged with heat a second ago turns soft. I breath him in and close my eyes. 

I was a fool last night and this morning. What was I thinking? Did I seriously want to break things off? Let him go? He doesn't say it, but what if he's struggling as much as I am? I can only imagine how hurt I would be if he broke up with me the way I was planning on breaking up with him. I pull him a little closer.

After a few moments I let him go and bid him farewell and good luck at practice. 

____________________________________________

Hey guys, sorry I'm the WORST at updating this story lmaoooo...but seriously reading everyone's comments really keeps me going. I know this is a short chapter, but I'm on spring break right now so I'll be cranking chapters out. Also, fair warning, it's going to get real steamy real soon... ;)

Thank you all and hang in there, I'll keep the updates coming <3