Episode five: part two

"Maman," Luella groaned, her gaze searching her sitting room celling trying to avoid eye contact with Stiles and Scott out of embarrassment

"Maman," Luella groaned, her gaze searching her sitting room celling trying to avoid eye contact with Stiles and Scott out of embarrassment. "The-," she frowned her mind going blank for a moment, trying to think of the word. "The-, people-,"

"-the paramedics," Scott suggested, getting a nod full of enthusiasm from Luella.

"Yes, yes the paramedics said I was fine," Lu got out as she struggled to remove herself from her mothers tight grip.

"Annie I've got the-," Stiles paused as he slid into the room with the first aid box in one hand and a mini pile of towels in the other, although Luellas injury was securely wrapped up. He frowned and tilted his head at Luellas sudden giggle as she practically slid out of her mothers hold. "Lu-?"

"Parame..dics," Luella expressed breathlessly, her eyes glazed over from laughing, her whole face as red as a tomato.

Annie squinted at her daughter, sending Stiles a side glare when he let out a small snort of laughter.

Stiles then cleared his throat, dropping the first aid kit onto the small coffee table in the middle of the room. He folded his arms tightly and nodded with enthusiasm. "They gave her a lot drugs for the pain," he coughed awkwardly.

Annie gave him a strained smile in return. "I was there Stiles," she replied, getting another nod. "I was also there when you faked a bump on the head to get a lollipop from the parame-,"

"-dic," Luella cut in loudly with a wheeze, then suddenly snapping out of her drugged trance for just a moment to see her mam staring disappointed at her. "Oh my," she squeaked. "When did you get here-, I'm sorry I'll put it back."

Annie frowned in confusion as Luella reached into her jacket pocket with shame engraved into her features, her body half slumped onto the ground. Annie took in a deep breath, shutting her eyes tightly remembering her daughters ways, thinking Lu was about to whip out some medical equipment from the ambulance.

But instead, Luella silently held up a green round lollipop with half the plastic ripped and the top crushed into bits. Lu nudged it towards Annie when the woman didn't pick it up.

Annie smiled warmly at Lu, relief replacing her disappointment while Scott and Stiles awkwardly stood watching Luella shamefully surrender an apple lollipop with furrowed brows and shameful teary eyes, though amusement hung in the air like a fog.

"Take it," Luella squeaked with a crack in her voice. "I don't deserve it."

Stiles shook his head thinking maybe he should have stopped Lu as she discreetly took the drugs Jackson refused to take. He then spot a witches hat stuffed under a pile of bags of sweets, they had obviously prepared movie night before they went out.

Stiles smiled snatching the hat out, straightening it out looking towards Lu with a lopsided grin. "Hey Lulu," he called out, Luella peaked her head up, the green lollipop held up beside her blotchy red face. Stiles dropped the hat on her head, the material falling down to cover half of the girls face.