What's Your Deal?

"Maybe this'll be good for you, you'll see." Kalluto said, hand on Killua's shoulder. Killua appreciated that his younger brother was trying to be assuring, but there was no bright side to this.

"At least you'll be far away from mom and dad." His sister, Alluka said. Okay, maybe there was a bright side. Leave it to her to find it.

"Thanks, guys." Killua sighed. "I'll see you on visitation day. Love you."

Killua hugged his younger siblings goodbye, as the transport bus arrived. He grabbed his bags, boarding, and took a window seat towards the back so he could watch his siblings as the bus left.

Once he couldn't see them anymore, he faced the front and leaned his head back. He took a deep breath, and let it go. Maybe this'll be good for you. Killua repeated to himself. You'll see.

The bus was mostly empty. A few kids and teenagers were scattered. No one sat close to anyone else. It was eerily silent, which didn't help the knot forming in Killua's gut. He had no idea what to expect.

Soon enough the transport arrived at the facility Killua had been admitted to by his parents. The tall, barbed fences and iron gates made it look like a dreary military base.

The facility itself was rather expansive. Several buildings, some taller and some wider. All painted the same lackluster dark gray.

The bus stopped at the front door to one of the buildings. "Load off." The driver instructed.

Killua and the others all followed orders, getting out of the vehicle. A doctor-looking lady waited for them all outside.

"Greetings," She smiled. "Welcome to HMDYF, the Home For Mentally Distorted Youths Facility. Your new home until you're dismissed. I'm Doctor Krueger, though you may call me Bisky."

Great, Killua thought. She had the same last name as a fictional horror character. Totally not a red flag.

The seven of them followed her inside. "I'll distribute assigned room keys to you all. Every supervisor has a master key, however, to ensure that you're not doing anything you're not supposed to behind closed doors. Unless you are changing your clothes or showering, we ask that you keep your doors open. Try not to stay isolated in your rooms too often. Associate with your peers and try to enjoy your stay."

Fat chance of that, Killua thought bitterly. He was only here cause his parents found out he was gay. And that he... harmed himself. On a regular basis. He'll put in some good behavior and be out in no time. And prove to his parents that being gay doesn't mean he's a fucking mental case.

Entering the lobby, the place reminded him of a children's hospital. The way everything was designed and structured. It was something like a cross between a motel and a children's hospital. Only everyone here were nutjobs in one way or another.

"Hand over your luggage to one of these ladies here," Krueger directed them. "Please understand, we have to ensure none of you are carrying harmful substances or items."

Killua grumbled. Should've seen that coming, he thought, turning over his suitcase and backpack to a woman with dark pink hair. She went through it, and uncovered his razor blade. Well, off to a great start, jackass, Killua told himself sarcastically as the woman set the blade in a tote.

His luggage was handed back to him, and Killua recieved his room key. Room 099. How many fucking rooms were there, anyways?

He set his bags down, and flopped onto the bed. At least they didn't take his phone away. Yet. They said lights out at 10pm, and all devices had to be turned over at night. Aside from the computers. Each room had a computer in it for tenants to use, and they automatically shut down at 10pm.