Getting Settled

"Ugh." Killua sighed, looking over his room. He didn't bother unpacking this morning.

After the whole being forced into making friends thing, the seven newbies all had to get evaluated. Apparently, Killua is a mental case. Somewhat. He's much better off than a lot of the other patients, at least.

The number of mental illnesses listed on the sheet of paper in his hands was enough to give him a headache. It was as if they'd given him every possible diagnosis they could.

Depression, insomnia, ADD, PPD, Schizoid something, Schizotypal Personality Disorder, BPD, Avoidant Personally Disorder, PTSD, anxiety, alcoholism, and about a dozen other phobias and technical terms.

The lady even tried diagnosing him with assholism. Douchebaggery. Jerkition. Dickwadnia. And a dozen other creative mental disorders.

Oh yeah, she was a real hoot.

Killua picked up his bags, and guitar case. He figured he'd get all settled, make this room a little more... him. Since clearly, he'd be there longer than he'd like.

Once his bags were empty, he sat on his bed with the guitar case next to him. He undid the latches, unzipped it, and opened the lid up. Killua carefully removed the acoustic 12-string guitar from the case. If only he would've thought to bring his guitar stand.

He started strumming the chords, to a more chill and relaxed, almost melancholic version of the White Stripes' Seven Nation Army.

He hummed and sang scat lyrics as he played, looking outside the single barred window in the room. The sky outside was overcast. Though it was clear blue when Killua said goodbye to his siblings. At least the bitchy weather decided to wait for him to be inside for once.

Another knock on the door interrupted him. He took a deep breath, willing himself not to strangle whoever was on the other side. He just got here not even two hours ago. A little peace would do worlds for his mental health. Isn't that what this place was all about? Mental health?

"What now?" Killua asked as he opened the door. It was the thick eyebrowed boy again. Poor kid.

"Uhm!" The boy took a step back. "Miss Krue- I MEAN BISKY! Wanted me to tell you that uhm- that guy- what was his name... Gon! He's back from whatever he had to do with Dr. Siberia."

"..." Killua narrowed his eyes, causing the kid to take another step back. Miss Krueger seemed to really want him to get closer to Gon. She did say no one has tried to talk to the boy in years.

"That's all, then!" The boy in front of him turned around and left in a hurry.

Killua sighed. Whatever. He turned around, grabbed his guitar case, and started looking for an elevator. In the lobby, he bumped into Miss Krueger.

"Ah, Killua, where are you off to in such a hurry?" She asked with a beaming smile.

Killua cleared his throat. "Uh... I'm looking for the elevator?"

She eyed him suspiciously. "Right this way," She started walking, and Killua followed her. "Where are you going?"

"...Floor 04." He told her.

"Well, there's nothing up there except- ohhh, are you going to go see Gon?" Miss Krueger asked with sparkling eyes. Killua nodded. "That's awfully sweet of you. The boy gets absolutely no visitors aside from staff."

"How come? I mean- he is a bit creepy and off putting but..." Killua shrugged.

"Well..." Miss Krueger pressed the up button for the elevator. "He's not the most outgoing person. In a place like this, a lot of people are very suspicious of eachother. You expect everyone here to have something seriously wrong with them. So when someone acts so silent and, well, creepy, it deters anyone who might've tried to approach them."