Development

Unfortunately the next day, Killua had to go to therapy as scheduled. After getting evaluated yesterday by one of the psychologists, he'd be meeting with his actual therapist for the first time.

"Killua Zoldyck, right on time." The tall, black haired woman smiled. "I'm Dr. Siberia."

She's... Gon's therapist, too. Killua noticed. He thought he'd be having therapy with a Dr. Wing.

"Dr. Wing is running late." Siberia explained, leading Killua into an office. "He's permitted me to get this session started for him. He shouldn't be long."

Killua took a seat across from Mr Wing's desk. Siberia was on the other side. "So..." Killua cleared his throat.

"Why don't you start, with telling me why you're here." Siberia suggested. "At this facility."

"You have my file."

"Tell me anyways."

Killua sighed, shifting in his seat. "I attempted suicide. Tried to pull the old plug but some asshat wouldn't let the spark go out." He said with his voice flatter than his ekg monitor was for a whole two minutes just last week.

"You seem very nonchalant about it."

"Yeah well, sobbing and choking ain't gonna change anything." Killua looked up at the ceiling, feeling uncomfortable with her stare. "If I joke about it enough, no one else gets down."

"So you assume." Siberia was writing in her notepad, fingers flying faster than a hot and bothered lesbian's. "So, why did you decide to take your life?"

"It was already mine. Why's it called taking your own life anyways? Not like it ever belonged to anyone else." Killua scoffed.

"You don't believe in god?" She asked.

"Pft, no." Killua laughed. "Seriously, with all my religious trauma? Even if there was a god, that bitch gave me this life. I'm not taking it from anybody." Killua argued.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you're trying to change the subject." Siberia wrote notes feverishly. "Let's get back on topic. Why did you try it?"

Killua rolled his eyes. "Put simply? Peers and parents. Care to remember the religious trauma I mentioned? Yeah that too. Look I could list reasons all day long, if you want to get into specifics. But recalling it all just to say it out loud would have the opposite effect that this supposed facility is trying to achieve."

"And what would that be?"

"To, and I quote, fix me. Cure me."

"I believe you've been misinformed." Siberia said. "I'm not here to fix or cure you. I'm here to understand you."

Killua took a moment. "...What, you mean like, some experiment?" He scoffed.

"Hm, well," Siberia cleared her throat. "I wouldn't put it that way. You're here for us to study and remedy. So that we can all better understand future generations. We study you, and help you according to the way your generation works differently from ours. Much of our generation would believe that your homosexuality needs cured, but newer generations have become more open minded. So, we study the patients here and the culture of your generation to determine what actually needs fixed, and how to do that. So as not to stunt the development and cultural evolution of our society. Your suicidal tendencies, is what you need professional help for. Your other so-called issues need nothing but acceptance."

Killua didn't know what he was expecting, but that wasn't it. This place was basically a research facility to study new generations and their psychological issues? Props to them, though, for recognizing that societal growth and cultural evolution means learning to accept certain things that used to be condemned.