Differences 2/5

Louis (age 6): Your father.
Jay had married another man, Alex, after the divorce with Troy. Alex and Jay had made you. One(ish) year later, Alex became an alcoholic and left within weeks of his addiction. He'd left you and you felt heartbroken and lost without him. Alcoholic or not, your father was still an important and beloved part of your life.
"Y/N?" Louis asked gently as you sat on your bed and stared out of your window.
"What?" You asked, harsher than intended and he winced. "I'm sorry. What's up?"
"Oh, uh, I was just wanting to take you out for a bit. Get some lunch, maybe watch a movie." He suggests.
"No thank you." You reply weakly, voice breaking at the end.
"Aw, don't cry sweetie." Louis cooed, us sitting on your bed to hold you.
"I-I'm sorry. I just miss him so much!" You exclaimed, sobbing into your half-brother's chest.
"Don't be sorry, it's ok." He soothed.
"No, it's not! He left me...why? What did I do wrong?" You asked with a sniffle.
"You didn't do anything wrong, Y/N. I'm not just trying to make you feel better, I'm talking truth and you better believe me. You're perfect, ok? You're funny, sweet, bubbly, outgoing, smart and so beautiful! I'm not sure why your dad but he's missing out on a great girl." Louis says and you grin.
"Thank you." You reply, leaning into him, your rock. "Lou?"
"Yeah Y/N?"
"Can we go out for a bit?" You asks and he nods with a smile.

Liam (age 16): Thinking things through.
"Y/N!" He shouts happily, running and you hug. He quickly pulls back when he feels the your rough, scratchy cast.
While he was away, you broke three fingers. The cast started just below your fingers (and left a hole for your thumb) and endend just under your elbow. "What did you do?"
"I broke some fingers." You reply simply.
"Obviously! How?" He pries.
"Great question, Liam. How did you break your fingers, Y/N?" Nicola teases and you gives her a glare.
"Ok, you know how I always talk about those twins Jordan and Grant at my church?" You ask and he nods. "They were at Chloe's party and the other skaters were diving across a table. Since Jordan and Grant are hotter than ghost peppers, I tried to impress them by doing table diving too. I came halfway, due to the padding on my chest that boys don't have, pulled myself across and landed on my hand bad." You explain.
"The result?" Ruth asks before answering her own question by holding up your casted arm.
"Oh goodness. What am I going to do with you?" He chuckles, shaking his head and you simply shrug.

My own personal experience prompted Liam's haha! Have y'all broken a bone and if so, how?