You're ignoring him pt. 2

9:05 P.M Niall's POV
I haven't seen Britt since lunch, she went off with Harry again. Ugh, I just miss my little sister. She'll probably remember my birthday...she would never forget that. She said she's at Harry's house, and I don't think they'll mind me dropping by. They never said I couldn't hang out with them. I grab my keys and leave to Harry's. I turn the radio up and jam out, almost missing Harry's house. Harry's house with no lights on and no car in the driveway. Maybe they're just taking a nap and the car is in the garage. I park my car and knock on the door. No one answered. Britt lied to me!

9:22 P.M Britt's POV
"Ok, show me the checklist." I demand.

"Yes Sergeant Brittany." Louis jokes, handing me the checklist. Louis, Harry and I are shopping for supplies for Niall's surprise birthday party tomorrow.

-Balloons, streamers, candy bag, Nando's gift card, football (soccer) print phone case, guitar picks, guitar, wrapping paper, snacks. Order cake.

"What do we have left?" Harry asks.

"We have everything from here, we just need to stop by Party City and get the balloons and streamers." I reply.

"The cake's been ordered?" Lou asks with furrowed eyebrows.

"Oh, I forgot that! We still need to order the cake." I add.

"Whoa, Niall's baby sister forgot food?" Harry teases.

"Shut your mouth, Styles." I reply with a playful glare, whacking his arm semi-lightly.

"It's late, should we start heading home?" Louis asks as Harry and I nod and agree. Louis drives home and Harry is taking me home.

"I can't wait to see the look on his face." He grins, that adorable simple showing. Just to annoy him, I poke it. He hates when I poke his dimples.

"Same. It's going to be so much fun." I agree. "So here's what I'm thinking we should do. The surprise party could be at your house, and when you text me and tell me the decor is done, I'll ask Niall to drive me over. When we arrive, he'll probably come in, wanting say hi and what not." I explain.

"But you can drive, how would you get him to take you?" He points out.

"True.....aha! I'll say he should take me cause he and I haven't had much time together recently." I reply and Haz nods.

"Good idea. Have a good night, I love you Britt." He says, pecking my lips as we pull into my driveway.

"Love you too." I reply, ruffling his curls and hugging him as best as I can, considering we're in a car. I step out and walk toward my house. I grab my key, unlock the door and walk in to find my brother making a sandwich. I sneak up behind him and give him a hug.

"Hey kiddo." He says, turning around and hugging me. I notice he's not smiling like he normally does when I come home.

"You ok?" I ask.

"Y-Yeah. What day is it tomorrow?" He asks.

"Sunday." I reply. I can't say tomorrow is his birthday cause it would blow the surprise.

"Right." He sighs.

"Well, I'm gonna go to bed. Night, broski." I say, giving him one last hug before walking upstairs.

12:01 P.M Niall's POV
"Happy birthday to me." I whimper, blowing out a candle in a bowl of Ben and Jerry'a chocolate therapy ice cream. I begin crying once the cold reality set in: my sister forgot my birthday. I was hoping maybe it was a prank, or she would realize her mistake and come back down and apologize. I begin eating my ice cream, which suddenly tasted more bitter than normal.

"Niall?" Britt asks. I moan sleepily and rub my eyes.

"I fell asleep?" I whisper, cracking my neck. Ah, it hurts!

"Yeah, next to your ice cream bowl." She chuckles. I'm too tired and mad to laugh and I guess she noticed that. "Are you ok?"

"Dandy." I reply flatly.

"What's wrong?" She pries.

"Nothing, ok? You just go on another date with Harry and I'll celebrate my birthday alone!" I exclaim angrily.

"Niall-"

"What? I don't care anymore, Brittany. You ignore me all the time and whenever I wanted to just hang out with my little sister you were out with Harry from eight in the morning until ten at night! You didn't even know it was my birthday." I whimper as my eyes tear up and my lip quivers.

"M'kay, let's go to the couch because it's more comfortable than the kitchen counter and I'm sure your neck agrees with me." She says with a small grin. I nod as best as my tense neck can.

"Ok." I reply with a sniffle and a tear falls from my eye, which is quickly wiped away by Britt.

"Can I please explain?" She asks softly.

"You forgot my birthday." I say with a sob, and tears ran from my eyes.

"I didn't forget. When I went to hang with Harry, we were planning a surprise party love." She explains with a small smile.

"R-Really?" I stutter.

"Really." She replies with a nod and giggle.

"Ugh, I'm an idiot." I sigh, embarrassed. I can feel my face get red.

"You're not an idiot, because you were right about something." She says, coming closer and hugging me.

"I was?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yeah. I shouldn't have ignored you as much as I was. I just got caught up in the moment and I was so excited because I had never planned a surprise party. I didn't want a single thing to go wrong, but I realize now that we don't need six people to buy decorations, order cake and plan a way to keep it secret. I'm sorry. Can you forgive me?" She asks nervously.

"How could I not forgive you?" I chuckle and she laughs. "HORAN HUG!"

"Just pretend to be surprised, ok?" She says as we giggle and I nod.