ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟs ᴅᴀʏ ɪɴ

Jess waved to the guys as they left the apartment, leaving Cassy and Cece waiting expectantly on the couch.

"I said girls day in. But did I mean it?" Jess asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"I thought we were having a day in." Cassy questioned.

"We are..."

"Good." Cece said.

"...not." Jess finished. She pulled out a very large, full-looking bag. "Welcome to the best girls day you've ever had. I've got nail polish. I've got comfy socks. I have Canadian Broadcast Television's 1985 masterpiece, Anne of Green Gables." Cece gasped, clapping her hands in excitement while Cassy raised an eyebrow. She'd go with it. "But wait! Who invited this little green chimney?" Jess asked, pulling a bong from her bag. Cassy raised her eyebrows.

"I didn't know you guys were into this stuff." She said.

"Once every 10 years, Jessica Day likes to partake in what the Native Americans call cannabis." Jess said in a weird accent.

"That's because that's what it's called." Cassy stated.

"We really don't have to do this. Every time you smoke weed you almost die." Cece said, frowning at Jess.

Jess ignored her, beginning to put on music and putting in the DVD.

-

Halfway through the movie, and the girls were thoroughly stoned. Cassy painted their nails, the polish extremely neat despite their condition.

"Hey." Jess called. "Remember Coach?"

"Never met him." Cassy said, remembering something Winston said about a previous roommate.

"Oh, yeah." Cece said. "What happened to him?" No one answered.

"Why are Gilbert's lips so sexual?" Jess asked, staring at the screen with socks on her thankfully dry hands.

"I would throw it all away for Gilbert." Cece mumbled, her socks also on her hands.

"I dunno. I'm not into it." Cassy said, tilting her head.

"Wait a minute." Jess said, taking her glasses off. "Wait a minute. Wait a minute."

"You know, the fact that socks exist means that shoes don't work." Cece murmured.

"My hearing is like... super good without my glasses on. I'm like... super hear-o." Jess continued. Cassy snickered. "Just eating up sounds with my ear mouths. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Try it." She said, shoving her glasses in Cassy's hands. She put on the glasses. "You can like, hear the TV."

"I can hear the TV." Cassy agreed, handing back the glasses.

"Okay, this stuff is like... really strong." Cece said, blinking a bit. "Where did you get it?"

"I know people. Through you." Jess said, gnawing on her bottom lip. "I got it from Nadia." There was a knock at the door, and Cassy ran to get it, a man in a postal worker's uniform on the other side.

"Jess, did you order a stripper?" Cassy asked.

"I think that's just-"

"A man." The man replied, putting a massive package on the floor. "Just trying to do my job for the US postal service." Cassy saluted at him, and he awkwardly saluted back. She signed for the package, and he saluted again before walking back to the elevator. Cassy shuffled the package into the apartment by her feet. She ripped off the tape, and Jess stopped her.