ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀʙɪɴ

"Just come, Nick, why not?" Jess asked, frowning at her roommate as she began to pack a cooler.

"Cassy and I haven't gone away together yet, and I don't know if I'm ready." He replied, shrugging as he watched her from the table.

"Sounds like this could be a good trial run. Some fresh air, in a cabin..." She trailed off, smirking suggestively. Nick made a face. "Okay, look. You're dating a doctor, I'm dating a tall handsome doctor, we're both kind of living the dream."

"Okay, since when are you dating a tall handsome doctor? What about Paul?" Nick asked. Jess shrugged.

"I don't know, didn't really work out." She paused, and Nick gave her a look. "Okay, he came on a little strong and I broke up with him."

"Damn." Nick replied simply.

"Hey, Jess. Hey, baby." Cassy said cheerfully as she walked into the room. "Here's the stuff you asked me to get." She put the grocery bags on the counter before walking over and pressing a kiss to Nick's cheek. He brightened up a bit, his arm snaking around her waist.

"Jess, why do you want us to come on your romantic weekend, anyhow? I thought these things are just supposed to be you and the doctor." Nick asked.

"Okay, I'm a little nervous, and I just need backup. These things are supposed to be fun and I want it to be perfect and lovely and I want him to look at me at the end and go, 'Jess, that was the best weekend I've ever had.'" Jess explained. "Besides you guys are good company."

"Glad you're keeping your expectations at a reasonable level." Nick remarked. Cassy grinned.

"Jess, I'm flattered, but I've got work." Cassy said, frowning sympathetically. Nick lifted his arm up as if that explained his point from earlier.

"Come on, it'll be fun. Roast marshmallows, make a fire, sleep on a bear rug. Please, just this once, can you do this for me?"

"I just got you groceries!" Cassy replied, laughing. Jess gave a pleading look, and Cassy looked down at Nick. He made a face and they had a small silent conversation through facial expressions.

"It's free." Jess added. Aaaand, he gave in. 

"Yeah, we'll go." Nick said, nodding. Cassy smirked.

"Yes!" Jess grinned, pumping her fist.

"I'm gonna go pack." He stated, standing, kissing Cassy on the cheek before jogging halfheartedly to his bedroom.

-

Cassy pulled up to the cabin, putting her car in park before nudging Nick.

"Huh, what?" He gasped, sitting up straight as his sunglasses fell of. Cassy smiled.

"We're here." She said, gesturing to the cabin. Jess and her new boyfriend, Sam, were standing beside her car staring up at the place.

"Woah, this is nice." Nick stated, wiping a drop of drool from his chin. Cassy nodded as they got out of the car, walking up. Sam explained that it was his boss' cabin and they were not to abuse the privilege of them staying, which they all understood. Nick and Cassy took their time unpacking, 90% of which was making out on the bed in the room they shared, the other 10% was actually unpacking their bags.

"Hey guys, sorry we took so long." Cassy said as they came downstairs, readjusting her hair.

"No worries." Jess replied cheerfully. She and Sam were seated at the kitchen table. "We're playing sexy Boggle. Wanna join?"