ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ɪᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ

"Benjamin, hey, just leave her alone." Schmidt said, walking over and scowling at his friend.

"Schmidt, your party slugs, bro." Benjamin stated. Schmidt stood up, facing him fully.

"Alright, you know what-"

"Schmidtty! This party is the worst." Benjamin repeated.

"Come on, man, this party is badass. Alright? Don't act like I didn't see you eating all the charc- charcu-" Winston began, backing Schmidt.

"Charcuterie." Schmidt offered.

"Don't act like I didn't see you eating all the charcut- char- what?"

"Charcuterie." Schmidt repeated.

"Hey, you know what, Curly?" Nick asked, backing Schmidt's other side. "You don't like the bus, then get off it, pal. It's Schmidtty's birthday, bud."

"Sorry, can I just talk to him for a second? Just one second. Can I have a word?" Cassy asked, turning to Benjamin. The boys stepped back, letting her take over. "Hi. Why don't you just say that, that little thing, one more time."

"Oh, you guys suck?" Benjamin replied. Cassy flexed her fist and punched him right in the nose. He fell backward, onto the floor, and she kicked him in the balls. The bus pulled to a stop as it jerked from Benjamin hitting the floor.

"Get off the damn bus. Your ass can walk home." Cassy spat, glaring at him on the floor. Benjamin scrambled off of the bus, running across the street.

"Who are you?" Winston asked, wide-eyed as Cassy turned around. She shrugged. They all got off of the bus, the partygoers calling cabs and taking their own ways home, wishing Schmidt a happy birthday.

Cassy sat herself on a barrier on the side of the road, her head in her hands. Schmidt sat down next to her.

"I'm sorry I ruined your party, Schmidt." She apologized. "I'm also sorry I punched your friend in the face. And probably prevented him from having any children in the future."

"What? No. Benjamin ruined my party. He deserves it. And who would want a bunch of mini him's running around anyways?" Schmidt said, brushing it off. "Jess told me you got the bus."

"I called a guy, I don't know." Cassy said, shrugging. Schmidt gave her a friendly side-hug.

"Thanks for a great party, Cass." He said, smiling. She gave him a smile back as he went over to talk to Jess.

"You punched that guy in the face." Nick said, walking over to Cassy. She felt bad for avoiding him all night, but she kind of had to. She really didn't know how to talk to him after his confession in her bathroom.

"I did."

"Did it feel good?" He asked, smirking. She nodded, a smile breaking onto her face.

"Yeah, it really did." He laughed, nodding.

"That was kind of awesome." He stated.

"Thanks." Cassy replied. She looked down at her shoes. A strong breeze blew through the street, and Cassy shivered, having forgotten her jacket. Why the hell did Schmidt have to be born in February? Nick shrugged off his coat, wrapping it around her shoulders. Cassy jumped at the small touch, frowning and trying to shrug out of his coat. "No. Nick-"

"Stop it. It's fine." He said, securing it over her.

"Thank you." She said quietly. She took a deep breath. "Did you have fun?"

"Yeah. It was good." Nick replied, shrugging.

"You invented Bro Juice." She stated.

"I did." Nick laughed.