𝒊. welcome to cobra kai

❛ i may just take you up on that offer

❛ i may just take you up on that offer. ❜

     MAYBE MONA JUST HATED HER DAD, but there was something about the Valley she really liked.

Those two things didn't actually have a correlation, but Mona just hated her dad that much.

She blamed him for her mother's death. The car accident had taken place with him at the wheel, and it had been his fault. And Mona made sure she would not let him forget it.

Though it had been about a year now since it happened, it was still fresh on Simone Silver's mind. She hated her last name more than anything. Mona hated the weight that it carried behind it.

So, for the time being, Mona would not refer to herself as a Silver. Instead she would be using her mother's maiden name: Mitchell.

Mona Mitchell sounded better anyway.

She sat in her new room with unpacked boxes surrounding her, taking in the place. It was a nice house in a quiet neighborhood of Los Angeles, which was rare from what she had heard. Mona and her dad, Billy, had not moved very far. They had come from Palm Springs.

The thing Mona was most excited about was meeting new people. After the events of her mom's death, she distanced herself from basically all of her friends.

So now, friendless and with high expectations, Mona made the decision to try and start over.

She walked out of her room, navigating her way into the living room where she hoped to find her dad.

Billy was in there, mounting the television on the wall. He refused to ever ask for help, which was basically why they were in the situation they were in. All he had to do was swallow his pride and accept the job his father was offering him, but Billy decided to do things the hard way.

Mona didn't really mind, though. At least now she could get away from her dad and her granddad.

At one time, Mona had been closer with her grandfather than anyone else in the world. She thought he was the coolest person alive, and Mona never thought her perception of him could be crushed so easily.

"Hey dad," she said rather quietly, clearing her throat.

Billy turned to see his daughter standing in the doorway. "Hey, sweetie. You settling in alright?"

Mona shrugged, folding her arms. She did not give a reply, staring down at her shoes.

Instead, she continued, "So... do you mind if I go out and explore a bit? I'll be back in like an hour or so."

Mona wasn't really asking, because Billy never had the balls to say no to her. In all honesty, she thought he was a complete pushover.

"Are you sure you want to go alone?" he asked in turn. "Los Angeles is kind of a dangerous place–"