𝒙. no commitments

❛ i like a challenge

❛ i like a challenge. ❜

     MONA SLEPT WITH SAM LARUSSO.

She didn't have any regrets about it, and Sam didn't either. But now Mona knew that she would have to explain to Sam the same thing she had told Miguel.

She didn't want a relationship.

Mona woke up before Sam, turning on her side to face the girl.

Sam was still fast asleep, and Mona could not blame her. Last night had definitely been... wild.

She decided to let Sam sleep, checking the time on her phone. Mona had to be at Cobra Kai in a bit for training. But she supposed she could stay in the bed a little while longer.

Mona was scrolling through her phone when Sam woke up, blinking slowly as she came to. Looking over, Mona smiled.

"Good morning, Sammy."

Sam yawned, smiling in a bit of daze. "Hi," she replied, meeting Mona's eyes. She recalled last night, looking up at Mona with admiration.

"Sleep well?" Mona asked, setting her phone down.

Sam sat up, pushing her hair out her face with a sly grin. "I guess you could say that. How about you?"

Mona laughed softly. "I slept just fine. You're good at cuddling."

The LaRusso girl laughed in response, making eye contact with Mona. Sam leaned in slowly, closing her eyes to kiss Mona.

"We need to talk," Mona stopped her, shifting a little.

Sam opened her eyes, frowning. "O-Okay. About what?"

Mona pursed her lips, sighing deeply.

"You remember the other night when I told you I didn't want commitment, right?"

Sam slowly nodded.

Mona continued, "Yeah. It doesn't have anything to do with you, because I really enjoyed last night. But I just... don't want anything serious."

There was hurt in Sam's eyes as she stared at Mona for a moment. Finally, she nodded.

"I-I understand. Totally. Thanks for, um– thanks for being honest," Sam replied.

Mona glanced down. She was surprised by how well that went. She looked back up at once.

"But you know, that doesn't mean we can't continue doing what we're doing," Mona said, tilting her head.