𝒗. not so bad

❛ you're not gonna hurt me

❛ you're not gonna hurt me. ❜

MONA HAD YET TO VISIT TO THE
Reseda apartment complex.

But she found it easily enough, though it wasn't so easy getting there. Mona attempted to ride her skateboard from her house to the complex, which might not have been the smartest option.

Nonetheless, she made it with only one scraped elbow.

Miguel had told her he was apartment number one, so she kicked up her skateboard and walked up to the door.

Mona knocked and stood back, waiting patiently.

"Mitchell?"

She turned, seeing Johnny to her left.

"Hey Sensei Lawrence," she waved. "Do you live here too?"

He nodded with his keys in his hand. "Yeah."

The door opened just then, revealing Miguel. He smiled upon seeing Mona, then looked over to see Johnny.

"Hey Sensei," he said, stepping out and shutting the door behind him. "Me and Mona were gonna do some sparring."

Johnny looked between them, then waved his hand.

"Whatever. Don't kill each other."

He opened the door to his apartment and went inside.

Mona halfway smiled, looking to Miguel.

He stood there awkwardly, having no idea where to begin.

"So... we just gonna stand here?" Mona questioned.

Miguel laughed nervously. "Uh, no. Sorry. I-I was just trying to think of where to start."

She raised her head, nodding slowly.

"Mhm. Okay, I can help you out with that."

Mona took a few steps back, beckoning for Miguel to follow. He did, walking out to the middle of the complex.

"Ever heard of koma nage?"

Miguel raised an eyebrow. Clearly he had not, and Mona had not expected him to.

"I'll take that as a no," she continued with a light laugh. "Anyway, I'll show you."