𝒗𝒊𝒊. a good friend

❛ depends on how drunk i am

❛ depends on how drunk i am. ❜

THOUGH SHE WAS NOT CONSIDERING hanging out with Mona at the Valley Fest a date, Sam still felt like it was something along those lines.

Mona took the lead, naturally, dragging Sam from ride to ride until they both felt so dizzy they might vomit.

"Aren't you worried your Cobra Kai friends will see us and say something?" Sam asked, following Mona through the crowds of people with a bag of kettle corn in her hand.

Mona laughed sarcastically, turning her head to Sam.

"Sam, c'mon. I thought you'd be able to tell by now that I don't give a shit."

Raising her shoulders, Sam only sighed. "You're very bold, Mona."

Mona nodded curtly. "Yeah. And that's why you like me."

Sam's point was proven. She didn't mind Mona's audacious tendencies, because it amused her when Mona did or said something that no one would ever expect.

She felt like a breath of fresh air for Sam.

"Your dad's not gonna be mad that I'm in Cobra Kai, is he?" Mona questioned at once.

Sam had not even thought about that. Her mouth fell open, trying to think of something to say.

"Uh... that's a good question."

Mona grimaced slightly, then sucked her teeth. "Eh, oh well. You can't please everyone."

Sam raised her eyebrows, laughing to herself.

Pulling out her phone, Mona checked the time. It was already ten o'clock, so she had to be getting home soon.

"I know this may sound tenacious of me, but do you think I could ask for a ride home?"

Sam nodded without hesitation, almost like a reflex. It felt impossible to say no to Mona, not that Sam wanted to.

"Sure. Are you ready to go?"

Mona shrugged, tossing her garbage in the trashcan. "If you are."

At once, Mona followed Sam out to her car. She was tired from the demo, because she had put a lot of energy and effort into it. And Mona was still mad about Miguel taking the move she taught him and using it on her.

Sam started on her way to Mona's house, which was not far, but Sam decided to take the long way. She wanted to talk to Mona longer.

"I noticed how good at karate you are," Sam remarked after a few minutes. "Who taught you that?"

Mona hesitated, but she decided to be transparent with Sam. She felt like she could open up to her just a little bit, to gain her trust at least.

"My grandfather," Mona replied. "He learned karate when he was maybe in his twenties or thirties, and he passed it down in the family. My dad knows it, and I know it."