CHAPTER 3

Hyunseo's complexion was incredibly poor; Y/N was deeply taken aback by this sight.

"What's wrong? Are you ill somewhere?"

"T-there. Over there."

Y/N's eyes followed Hyunseo's trembling pointing finger. She was pointing at the giant god statue. More specifically, she was pointing at the god statue's face.

Y/N could only tilt her head in confusion because it looked pretty much the same as before.

"....?"

Hyunseo stuttered some words out.

"The, the eyes... The eyes of the god statue moved towards us. Just now."

"Pardon me?"

Y/N looked again several times, but nothing seemed to have changed. There was no visible change to the god statue.

"Eii... I'm sure you've made a mistake."

However, it seemed like Hyunseo didn't hear her; her head stayed lowered, and as she held onto Y/N's arm, her entire body trembled even harder.

“Hang on a sec here.”

Even Y/N picked up on this strange but ominous sensation now. The world was eerily quiet. So much so, it felt just too bizarre.

“No sounds....?”

Even the sounds of the flames burning on the torches could not be heard anymore.

"First law."

In the meantime, Song's voice continued on as he read the contents of the slate.

"Worship the god. Second law. Exalt the god. Third law. Prove your piety. Those who do not keep to these laws shall not leave this place alive."

It was then.

SLAM!!

Everyone was jolted back to their senses at the sudden explosion of noise.

"What, what was that?!"

"Where did that sudden noise come from?!"

The first person to notice the change in the situation was none other than Y/N. Because her senses were running at full tilt already, she could tell where the noise was coming from right away.

"The door!! The door is closed!!"

As soon as Y/N shouted out, everyone shifted their gazes towards the doorway

As soon as Y/N shouted out, everyone shifted their gazes towards the doorway. The door they left open was now firmly shut close.

"God d*mn it! I can't stand this!"

The Hunter who was the first to oppose the idea of continued exploration of the dungeon began spitting out cusses as he took large strides towards the door.