CHAPTER 12

‘Still, I can't be certain, so...’

To be 100% sure, Y/N anonymously opened a thread on the internet forum exclusive to licenced Hunters.

*Title: Something weird has happened to me.

*Description: I can suddenly see my Stats in numbers like in a video game, and I can even increase their values, too. Is there anyone who has experienced something similar to me?

Below that OG post, comments figuratively exploded forth.

«Anon: LOL why dontcha stop fucking around, dude.

«Anon: Isn't she just a loon?

«Anon: Lost her damn mind.

«Anon: Maybe you've played too many games...

«Anon: By any chance, are you a cartoonist?

«Anon: Go visit the nearest hospital, 'k?

«Anon: I'd like to hear the details first.

«Anon: Stop accepting all sorts of trash just because they hold the Hunter licence; this forum needs to go through a cleansing, seriously now.

Dozens of comments all with roughly the similar contents flooded in.

“Eh-whew...”

Y/N spat out a groan.

She had spent a long time looking around but she had nothing to show for her troubles. She got called a loon in the forum and people disparaged her. She did all this, yet seeing that there was no informstion to gather...

“I guess that my case is really a unique one.”

She was the only one under the heavens.

The most unique Hunter in the whole world!

She still needed some time to figure out how much of a help this strange phenomenon would provide, and just how far she could actually grow through it, but at least, she got a good feeling about this whole thing.

When she took a look outside, the night had deepened quite considerably.

“When did the time get so late...?”

Y/N frowned deeply.

Her eyes ached a bit after staring into a computer monitor for so long.

Y/N massaged her forehead and stood up from the chair to loosen her body with a bout of light stretching. She moved her body this way and that for a while. She bent her body 90 degrees and that's when she discovered two small boxes lying forgotten on the floor.

“..... Ah.”

The 'random boxes'.

Two boxes wrapped in the monotone gift wrappers and topped off with a ribbon - exactly like the ones in video games.

‘They must've fallen off from the bed when I was making a mess of the room earlier.’

She had completely forgotten about them after receiving those as her rewards. Y/N picked up the closest box and opened its lid.

“..... A band-aid?!”

She dumbfoundedly stared at the 'thing' that looked exactly like the regular band-aid for a while, only for the information about it to float up above in green letters.

[Item: Band-Aid]

A regular band-aid. Useful in patching up small wounds. Can be stored inside your Inventory.

“It is a band-aid.....”

She was hopeful that this thing might possess some kind of a special attribute like the treasures found within the dungeons, but she wasn't so lucky today.