CHAPTER 5

All the Hunters still alive heard Y/N's
voice.

“Instruments?”

A ray of hope found its was into the eyes of the Hunters.

Quite different to back when she told them to kowtow, everyone moved unbelievably quickly. If Y/N was wrong about this, then as soon as arriving near one, they would be killed by the stone statues holding the musical instruments. However, no one here questioned Y/N's words.

Song was the first one to arrive in front of a statue carrying a musical instrument.

“......”

Song controlled his heavy breathing and raised his head to look at the staue. And as if it was a lie, the fingers of the statue moved and strummed on the harp.

 And as if it was a lie, the fingers of the statue moved and strummed on the harp

A beautiful melody flowed out.

“It's working!!”

“Hurry to the statues with instruments!!”

Hunters ran towards the nearest correct statues in hurried footsteps.

The statue with a trumpet began blowing it triumphantly; one with a flute began playing with it; the one holding the lyre strummed on its stringes.

Meanwhile, the god statue turned around. The 'creature' searched around and soon enough, found its next prey.

“God damn it.”

Y/N spat out a cuss as her gaze met the god statue's.

She then began running hard — so hard that her heart might explode. Her back was already soaked through in sweat.

‘Why?! Why isn't it working?!’

Y/N's resentful glare landed on the stone statue in front of her. The statje holding a drum showed no signs of moving at all.

The god statue closed in with frightening speed. She was practically on the other side of the chamber from the damn thing, yet the distance between the two shortened in no time at all.

Y/N swallowed down her saliva.

‘Could it be that the statue won't play because there are two people here? Me and Hyunseo?’

She couldn't think of anything else. Why? Because, other statues were palying music just fine as soon a Hunter stood in front of it.

‘There is no time to think anymore.’

Y/N out Hyunseo down and got ready to run to somwhere else.

“Y-Y/N....”

Still terrified out of her mind, Hyunseo clung onto Y/N's sleeve. Y/N calmly whispered in her ear.

“We'll both die if we stay together.”

Tears began forming on Hyunseo's eyes. Her fingers trembled as they hold onto Y/N's clothes.