CHAPTER 14

The sole surviving Lycan, the one that flew over Y/N’s head just now, lowered its tail after seeing this scene and began taking faltering steps backwards.

“Huh.....?”

Was this the result from her raising her Strength Stat?

The utterly stunned Y/N couldn't close her slack jaw as the headless Lycan’s legs shook like a leaf, before its movement stopped for good.

That was when she heard the familiar mechanical beep going off again.

[You've killed an Iron-Fanged Lycan.]

“My level rose up?”

“My level rose up?”

To make sure that she didn't mishear that, Y/N hurriedly accessed her Status Window.

Her level really did go up.

And when a level went up, a single point was added to all of her Stats.

As it turned out, it wasn't only the quest rewards that could impact the values of her Stats. It was also possible to improve her Stats through levelling up, too.

‘To think, I can actually level up!’

She only carried vague expectation, but it actually became reality. Her heart began to beat faster and faster.

‘On top of that, I get more additional points from levelling up.’

The Stat points she got from the quest rewards were 3. Meanwhile, she got 5 from levelling up once.

Although she didn't like the fact that she couldn't freely distribute those points the way she liked to, but still, her growth through levelling up was much greater.

Also, there was the thing about questsonly being available once per day, but there was a good chance that levelling up wouldn't suffer from such restrictions.

‘I only killed two, but my level rose up.’

This was the same as in video games. When her level was low, she could raise it up by a lot during a short space of time.

And currently, Y/N was only a level 2. It was not an exaggeration to say that she was right at the bottom of the pile. However, she was not what one would call a normal low-level player, either. Her Strength stat already exceeded 30.

If the Strength stat rose up bt one point ever time one levelled up, then the Stat value of Y/N’s Strength was equivalent to level 20 or higher.

What if a 'user' possess level 20’s worth Strength stat hunted in the 'level 1' beginner's hunting area?

‘In other words, explosive levelling up....’

As if to prove her guess, the destructive might behind that punch easily exceeded her own expectations.