i tried talking to a girl for the first time in my life

marlow was walking in the cool streets of L.A with a handbag. the degrees were in the mid-'70s so she had a sweater on that matched her outfit. she passed by lots of cars and flower shops. L.A wasn't a place for walking seeing the city was built for cars. but marlow decided to break the rules and take a stroll downtown. it was pleasant getting fresh air and taking in the view of the lovely city.

as marlow wandered by a Mcdonald's she saw a car roll out of the drive-thru. she waited for it to leave the way before crossing the street. marlow's beloved city was always going to be L.A. she loved this city with all her heart. it was nice, not very peaceful, but it was nice. it was easy to make friends here even though she didn't, it was simple.

walking into a coffee shop marlow stood behind a taller man. he had on a leather jacket and cargo pants. marlow mentally judged his tacky outfit but moved on a few seconds later. "next." the barista said with a warm smile. the guy in front of her ordered two cake pops and an ordinary hot coffee. his name was Jake. "next!"

"hello." marlow uttered, looking down at her hands. "your order, please?"

"iced caramel coffee. thank you."

marlow sat at the table with a big sigh of relaxation evading her lips. she heard existing side-by-side conversations that distracted her thinking, nevertheless making her more stressed. she tried to calm her nerves by looking outside, viewing the people walking outside of Starbucks. most of them were white but it was L.A, what could you expect more than wealthy white people?

"i need to wash that down." she heard a man giggling from the entrance of the restaurant. quackity? marlow said to herself. her eyes immediately traveled to the boy, they both locked eyes from across the story. he whispered something to the girl next to him and walked over to her. "oh, my god! it's you" he beamed with joy. marlow stood up to hug him. "hey!"

they were close to the same height, alex was probably an inch or two taller than her. "you're tall," he chuckled nervously.

"im 5'6," marlow shrugged, "i guess that's tall for a girl." alex hesitantly pulled away, still wanting to consume her with a heavy hug. resisting the urge, he looked into her eyes and kept that eye contact they previously had going on. "what're you doing in L.A?" marlow questioned. alex explained his video idea and marlow was very supportive of it. she thought it was a great idea but was surprised it was his first time eating at McDonald's.

"no, fucking way!" alex's sister called from the other side of the Starbucks. she earned a few stares but Luci could care less, "marley!"

marlow decided to spend a few hours at the hotel alex and luci were staying at. she was making great conversation and relishing her time with her best friends. "im gonna go use the restroom, m. ill be back." alex stood up from the wheely chair and clicked the bathroom's light switch. "marley i really appreciate you. honestly."  

"thank you?"

"im being serious, y'know? i think you've helped alex come out and be more confident with himself and im super happy for him. you can take some of the credit." she laughed. marlow didn't know what she was talking about but she couldn't be more than joyous knowing she helped the person who helped her the most. "im glad. i-"

"im back!!" alex said in a sing-song voice. the trio's previous conversation continued like normal

"we should go for a walk on the beach!" marlow proposed. it was only 5 pm meaning the sun would set in approximately 30 minutes which would give plenty of time to drive to the beach. luci and alex agreed and grabbed their phones and keys.

bees venting corner

itty bitty chapter today :(

i hope you enjoyed nonetheless!

marlow and alexs relationship is going to escalate from here so buckle up 🛫