home

home. a word marlow always regretted.

home is a word that's supposed to make you feel like youre safe and loved. home is where your number one thing is.
and the "home" marlow was gifted with... it wasnt really what she was looking for. living with her stepmother and her biological father was great to others, but when you get to know them... it isn't so great.

alex

when i woke up, i was surrounded by heat. my arms werent by my sides and my nose my on a silky-like surface. marlow.

"good morning," she said with a groggy tone.

i smiled and repeated the action, "morning."

i rolled over to my side and whined in pain. "fuck."

"alex your entire back is covered in scratches!" i watched marlow cover her mouth in embarrassment. she looks so pretty.

"what?" i stood from the bed and made my way into the bathroom. when i flicked the switch on my back was covered in pink stripes. they started at my shoulder and ended at the seam of my waist.

marlow followed and looked into the mirror too. she had my shirt on?

"my neck!" she titled her back and revealed several hickeys on her neck.

my eyes widened as i connected the dots, "did we have sex?"

"god, i hope not." she sighed and tilted her head down. her breath was unsteady but she sounded perfectly fine.

i rested my eyes and let my shoulders relax. luci and mom would be so pissed, i thought.

"my dad!" marlow said suddenly. her booming voice unraveled in a shock and sent a blaring vibration toward my headache.
"your dad?" i responded.

"he told me to be back by 11... its 9 pm the next day! fuck, fuck! god, hes gonna be so pissed!"

i stared at her as she gathered her clothes and phone. her hair was somewhat messy but it looked amazing nonetheless. she can make everything look good.

"thank you, alex. ill call you later." she gave me a distressed smile before opening and shutting the hard metal door.

i sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. i wish she was still here. i dont even remember what happened last night but im sure it was magical. i dont mean to be cocky but i dont think anyone else gave her those hickeys besides me and she looked hella good in them. 

though she is going to get in trouble because of stupid teenage decisions, i guess it was totally worth it. i mean ive never given a hickey and assuming she hasnt either... last night was perfect.

<< 3rd person >>

<< omniscient >>

marlow snuck into the house with quiet footsteps. usually, her dad would be working at these hours but he was off today and tomorrow.  lucky me, marlow though. she didnt hear any chittering throughout the house so she assumed everyone had eaten dinner and was already off to bed.

as marlow tiptoed up the stairs, the booming voice of her dad erupted from the basement. "and youre back," he proclaimed, "at 10:00 pm the next day."

marlow winced from embarrassment before sharply turning toward his direction and quickly stated, "in my defense-"

"There is no fucking defense for you, marlow! i trusted you to be responsible enough to go and hang out with your friends and you lied! you were going to hang out with that little boy-toy of yours. you are a very bad hickey-hider, marlow. i can clearest day see that huge purple canvas on the side of your neck." he huffed in disappointment.

"i really, really, did not want to be strict with you, marlow, but you have lost all of my respect, trust, and leadership. hand me your phone."

"no. im 17, what did you expect? did you expect me to wait to be intimate with other people until i am fucking 20? youre acting like him and i did anything serious-"

"well, you'll lie and lie again so maybe you did have sex!" westly marched up toward her and swiftly snatched her phone away from her back pocket, "this is mine until you earn my respect. you will go to and from school every day and if you are even a smidgen late, that adds another week to your punishment."

it was very obvious he was not playing. the cold, dead stare in his eyes looked like the same stare marlows mother gave her every day. "fine."

"that's it? fine?" westly pursed his lips together.

"yeah." she gave that raw whisper that could shatter any heart.

"okay then. go to your room."

"okay."  

bees VENTING corner

okay, i LOVED writing this chapter :)

i like adding these kind of realistic elements to marlows life. The next chapter will be about alex !!