backstabber

tw// can't say, but think off all the things that has happened so far :(

time skip: march 2022

marlow flipped open her old diary from her teenage years, smiling at her youngerself.

hey, it's marlow again. i'm 20 years old now. i've been okay. and i've moved on. not everything... everyone is going to stay here forever. everything has an end.

it's been fun reading these old diary entries, i like looking back on stupid shit i did as a kid. gosh, it feels like decades ago i was 16. i was a stupid girl, that's for sure.

flashback: july 4th, 2019

"hey, marlow, someone's at the door for you!" my dad wakes me up out of a goodnight's rest.

i remembered it's my birthday today.. but i'm not that excited. i'm still grounded even though my dad isn't as demanding anymore.

"marlow!" he calls again. i groan in response, getting up from my bed and throwing on an oversized hood and shorts.

i open my bedroom door and stomp down the stairs hoping my dad got the message. i do not like being woken at such sudden times.
i rub the crust out of my eyes and stretch my arms wide out- my hand hits the railing and i wince.

"hey, marley." i hear a comforting and soft female voice echoing from the couch.

"luci?" i say confused. i look down to her lap to see a big box of letters, clothes, and little nic-nacs.

"hi, happy birthday." she forces a smile but quickly returns to her unsettling look.

"is there something wrong?"

"yeah," she sighs and lowers her head, shifting the box right next to me. "you can look through this box whenever you want. if you're ever missing him... just take another note and read it."

my eyebrows furrow and i nearly open my mouth to speak but she continues, "um, i think we shouldn't contact each other anymore. if anything, i think it's for the best. you were one of things that made alex happy, so thanks. bye, marlow." she let out a shakey sigh before standing up.

luci ran her fingers threw her hair and rapidly started to the front door. i look down to the box and it's all silly stuff. i have no idea what she's talking about, but i assume alex. i shrug it off and head upstairs.

the box was very interesting, nonetheless, but it was silly. alex and i planned previously to meet up in a week. so i'm not sure why she's here and didn't bring alex.

i sit on my comforting sheets and leave the box near my door. "i'll open that later." i sigh to myself, "i should probably take a shower."

as if right now, i have a loving boyfriend and two dogs named brianna and sylvie. they are the cutest EVER. i'm also thinking about tabbing into therapy. my mom passed away from covid a few months ago which is a little surprising. i didn't attend her funeral. not after the shit she put me through, hell fucking no.

i can't wait to turn 21! then i can finally drink with eric, my boyfriend. he's 27. no, it's not some type of victim shit, i promise our relationship is completely consensual.