when can we be serious?

marlow spent the night with alex again. playing kid-ish hand games like lemonade, patty cake, and so many more.

alex and marlow laughed the night out. just the two of them, two teenagers finally together. well, not in a relationship. physically together.

"i'm gonna miss you." marlow admits.

alex chuckles cockily and applies a smug smirk on his lips, "of course you will. i'm the best."

"shut up,"

"make me." he dared.

"you're an idiot!" marlow through a rock hard pillow at his face, making him scoff.

"no you!" he retaliated. he grabbed her thighs and dragged her down the bed, putting them in such a position with him on top.

"i swear if you tickle me i-"

"too late!" he began twirling his fingers over her albicant skin, releasing a giddish giggle from marlow.

"stop! you idiot!"

marlow felt a wave of frisson throughout her body, making the peach fuzz on her arms stand up.

"you're so cold! you're hands are cold!" marlow shrieked.

"that's so crazy." alex smiled and let go.

marlow sat up and took a sip of her water bottle. "i really am gonna miss you."

"really?"

"you have a very aspectabund face, alex."

"what?"

"i can read you like a book... sort of."

"what am i thinking right now?" alex crossed his arms defensively.

"that's not how it works."

"oh really?"

"yeah." she shrugged, "whatever. are you gonna miss me?"

alex was interrupted by the soft brontide outside. "shit it's raining." he said, nearly walking away but being stopped by the force on his wrist.

"don't ignore me." she said almost sadly.

"i- i'm not, i don't like thunder." he said shakily.

"oh."

"but, i will... sorta, kind of miss you. in the smallest way possible." he admitted.

"awe, you're such a gentlemen!" marlow smiled.

"shut up." he rolled his eyes and took a seat on the bed.

"that's not very feminist of you good sir."

"youre so right. i hate girls."

"wait- are you.." she flicked her wrist down.

"what?! no! no." he confirmed.

"okay." she softly sighed. turning away from him, marlow picked up her phone- trying to cure the awkward silence.

alex did the same, opening his notes since he barely had anything else on his phone. he peeked over the lining of his phone and glanced at marlow. she had a cheeky smile on her face, displaying her cute dimples.

alex internally grinned. but knowing this flirtationship would be over in less than a week killed him. going back to mexico, dealing with adrien, falling back into his eating disorder, and having no light to the end of his tunnel.

"marlow?"

"yes?"

"when can we be serious? will we ever be something? do you even like me?"

"oh. i hadn't thought about it." she frowned.

"me either." he said incoherently.

"well, i do like you-"

"really?"

"but i don't know if we can talk after this."

alex's face turned completely upside down. he furrowed his eyebrows and clenched his jaw. "what?"

"i mean, think about it. after this, im going to be grounded for years. i broke out of my house and i have no idea if my dad will take my phone. and, i can't stay here. i can't stay at this hotel. i have to go home."

"right."