2

The girl in the picture is Summer.

Diamond's Pov

I slipped my feet into my fluffy bear slippers.

Usually waking up in this cramped, dingy, New York apartment feels like purgatory... but today everything felt sunny. Even though my window faces a brick wall.

I stood up, eyeing my coffee maker straight ahead of me and ended up tripping on my packed bags.

I forgot I packed them half asleep last night. It was either that or scramble to pack them this morning. I've been working like crazy, because all though my 'apartment' is just 4 walls with a kitchen, toilet, and bed stacked on top of each other.. it's expensive... and I'm planning a trip away for a week. If I didn't work myself to death I wouldn't have a place to stay when I get back... not that I have much already.

Don't get me wrong, I love my tiny apartment. Sometimes I pretend like I'm a fairy in a cottage, I play all my different instruments. That is until the neighbors complain again.

How can they complain about something as beautiful as the Violin, or the flute?... yet they have screaming brats running around at all times of day and night?

Yet I get notices on my door to keep the noise down every time I pick up an instrument.

That's why I'm so ready to leave today.

I've never been to South Carolina. From my research I know it is no where near as liberal.. but that's okay. I rented a big beach house to myself, and I'm not planning on leaving it.

Just me, the beach, and my music. Nobody telling when to stop, how loud I can be... just freedom. It's so well needed.

I made my coffee, then made my bed straightening up my room so I'd have something decent to come home to. After that I washed up and changed into my clothes.

Okay, my keyboard goes strapped on my back, my violin, across my shoulder, my ukulele on the other. Then my actual luggage. Thank god I found these rolling luggage bags at the flea market.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked like some kind of musical, power ranger, or transformer.

It's times like this where I wish I had friends, at least then I wouldn't be weighed down by all my shit... but it's New York, it is not like the movies. Don't get me wrong, it's full of vibrant colors, stores stacked to the sky, all the street food you could dream of... but it's also full of liars, and robbers, and scammers.... and a whole bunch of people who already have friends and aren't looking to add to the group.

I kinda like being alone though... I don't know, I see myself maybe getting a cat or dog in the future.. but definitely no friendship.. and for sure no relationships anytime soon.

I can thank my ex for that.

Yes, in that tiny ass apartment I managed to fit a love life... but she broke my trust in more ways then one.

In the true spirit of a New Yorker she cheated, she lied, and she stole my money from me... all while saying she loved me, looking into my eyes so lovingly, making sure I felt like she cared.

I'm over it though. I learned my lesson. The only person I can trust is myself... it's the mentality I already had when I moved to New York.. she just made me soft for a minute. But that softness is gone.

I clanked down the hallway of my apartments. Then into the noisy streets, adding my own unique sound.

I'm early to catch my flight, but it's better that way. If I miss it.. that might be the last straw. I really need a break from this place.