13

Summer's Pov

I woke up with Diamond's arms resting lazily around my body.

I was shook until I remembered last night. Oh my...Me and Diamond had sex and then I fell asleep!

Am I supposed to stay the night?

Last night was so amazing. I've never felt myself get that wet and aroused before. Just thinking about it warms my cheeks.

"Good morning beautiful." Diamond's sleepy voice made my insides quiver. I rolled over and nuzzle into her, covering the blush on my cheeks.

I hope I don't look too crazy. Oh my God, my hair is probably all over the place.

"Morning." I smiled and then sat up.

Diamond's eyes fell down my body and then I remembered I was naked. My cheeks burned when she bit her lip.

"It's still early." I said, taking in the pretty purple sky through the window as morning neared. She nodded and pulled me into her arms.

With my head on her chest, I could hear how hard her heart was beating. Almost as violently as mine.

I ran a hand over her thigh listening to her heart thump.

"Why's your heart beating so fast?"

"Because I like you." She said bluntly, making me smile instantly.

I like her too. A lot.

But what did that mean? At the end of our vacation, we'll go back to our lives the way they were but now everything will be different.

"I like you too, Diamond."

She hummed and ran her hand through my braids.

That calmed me and erased any thoughts of ending whatever it was we had going on after our time here was over. Hell, I had her number.

I plan on using it too.

"Where do you live?" I asked her as we settled into her bed and cuddled.

She rubbed soft fingers against my flushed skin and made me feel an unfamiliar tightening in my chest.

"New York. What about you?"

"Kansas City." I said dryly.

Ugh, I really don't want to go back.

"Why the face?" She asked and poked my bottom lip with her finger.

When I finally stopped smiling, I thought about what to say.

I could tell her I didn't want to stay where I felt trapped. I could say I hate my parents and I want to be far away from there, that would be believable.

But the honest truth? I don't want to be where my sister is buried. I don't want to see our memories at the park or at her favorite diner.

It hurt too bad.

"Hey...you okay?" The softness in the way Diamond spoke made my heart squeeze. She touched my cheek and peered into my eyes as if she was trying to read my mind.

I nodded

"Yea...Mhm, I just uh...I should go. I wanna go brush my teeth and...yeah." I looked down as and a frown covered her face.

"Oh." She looked sad.

That threw me off.

I took a deep breath and reached for Diamond's hand. The contact made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, I got nervous as if it was the first time touching her.