8

Diamond's Pov

At this point, sadly,  I'm numb to the knocking at my door. I thought it was gonna be the Hannah girl for the third time.

She came back again this morning apologizing, inviting me to some big ass smoke sesh they're suppose to have later. Of course I couldn't turn it down.

I love to smoke, but because I couldn't bring my stash with me I thought I'd be sober the whole trip... which would've been fine. I would've been focusing on my music more too, but my whole trip had changed. So now I'm just kinda going with the flow.

The third time I opened the door it wasn't Hannah, it was Summer, she was standing there with a nervous goofy smile on her face.

I couldn't help but chuckled when she blurted out

"Gimme yo number"

The awkwardness was cute.  

After I closed the door I smiled to myself.

Yes, she's pretty. Her eyes are somehow darker then mine, which is rare. Her lips are so full and they turn up on the ends in the cutest way... but I'm getting distracted from why came here.

It so import that when I leave here I have a song.

I listened to my recording from yesterday outside by the fire.

I was trying to listen deeply for notes I wanted to keep, things I want to change.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bother you... keep playing"

I could hear her voice faintly in behind the crackling fire after I stopped

Everything about her is so pretty and delicate. She talks like she had to walk on eggshells her whole life.. like she scared to come off the wrong way or hurt people feelings.

I'm not use to that anymore. These years living in NY, I've only met hardened people. Get straight to the point, don't be too nice.. not unless you want to get taken advantage of.

Her softness is kinda refreshing.

I heard a door close and left my room going into my living room.

All four of them were in bathing suits. Summer's braids swished as she walked. My eyes trailed down her long hair to what I think is a tiny tattoo or birthmark on her lower back, then her butt.

I got up, stopping myself from looking any longer. I was saying I wanted to be alone. Nows my chance to work on some music.

I spread out my instruments on the couch.

My keyboard, Violin, Flute, Ukulele .... what am I in the mood to play?

I looked at the romantic sky out the window, they were finally reaching the shore in the distance.

Definitely ukulele.

I picked it up making sure it was tuned before strumming 'Somewhere over the rainbow' one of my favorites songs to play.

As I played I watched them in the distance.

Summer kicked at the sand. The setting sun was making her glow.

Hanna said something to her and they hugged.

Soon they had walked out of my sight, further down the beach. Good because I can't concentrate when she's in my view.. especially with that bikini on.

Okay, a song Diamond. You're trying to write a song.

I spent so long strumming notes, and hating it.