14

Diamond's Pov

   I know I told myself I wouldn't leave this beach house for the whole week... but more and more I'm thinking about trying to take Summer on a date.  Nothing is going the way I originally planned it.. so why not do something a little spontaneous.

I really like her. It's hard for me to hide how much I like her.

She's so much in a little package. I still can't understand how she's shy but forward, soft.. but not fragile.. at least  not as fragile as she thinks.

She doesn't give herself credit. I see the way she gets easily defeated... she brings herself down. I'm glad she's allowing herself to have fun... to smile. At the beginning of the trip I could tell she felt almost guilty for having fun without Ana.

Like magic, after we had sex last night my musical writers block slightly lifted.

I was able to figure out my first two bars of notes. It's not much, but it's progress. I was really starting to think I'd go home without even creating a song.

I played those same two bars over and over and over until my phone dinged interrupting me.

Summer😍🥵:
Guess what?

Diamond:
Lol wassup beautiful?

Summer😍🥵:
I'm bout to go get tatted 😝😏

Diamond:
I wanna come.

Summer😍🥵:
Yes!🥰 hurry everybody's getting ready now

I was just chilling in my panties so I had to get up quickly and throw on some clothes. This felt spicy for me. Everything I do is always so planned. Even the tatts I already have were planned at least a week in advance. But ever since I met summer nothing had been the same, and I love it. Even if we never see each other again after this trip, I'll never forget her.

I rushed throwing on some jeans and a ripped up band tee. I didn't want to keep everybody waiting

"Girl you're not slick! You invited her because you ain't want to spill the tea on the sneaky link last night" Hannah teased as soon as she saw me.

"Wasn't nothing sneaky bout that link" Ash smirked getting into passenger seat.

Treasure drove, I got in the back with Hanna and Summer.

"Y'all cute or whatever" Ash teased looking back at us from the front seat. She started taking pics of us.

"Oh my god, Ashleigh" Summer groaned.

I just laughed.

She hates being embarrassed, but it's so cute.

I sat awkwardly in the tattoo shop as the four girls huddled up looking through a tattoo book together. Trying to find inspiration of what could symbolize Ana.

It was bitter sweet honestly, watching the sad smile I met on the first day return to Summer's face.

I know it's so hard for her to think about her. She's torn between being sad she's gone, and being happy to celebrate her life.

I scrolled on my phone, I didn't want to interrupt their moment.. so I decided to entertain myself.

"What are you getting?" Summer asked sitting beside me.

The way her eyes glitter when she looks at me is everything.

I smiled. "I don't know... I think I want to get something that will remind me of this trip.. of you."

Her smiled widened, she didn't even fight it.

"That's so sweet... I want one too. So I can carry a little piece of you with me, just in case we don't see each other again."

My heart skipped a beat. That's exactly why I wanted it. I didn't want to say it out loud and turn the moment into that... but I was so happy she was thinking the same way.

They all ended up agreeing on a blue monarch butterfly, Ana's favorite.. and the date she was born. Summer said it would make her sad if she kept looking at the day she was gone, but her birthday would give her so many good memories.

Apparently she did have a little tattoo on her lower back right above her butt. It was her first one ever and tiny compared to the butterfly that was now on her arm.

"Go comfort your girl" Ash teased at the beginning of Summer Tat. I ended up sitting with her, holding her hand, talking to her.

"So I've been thinking... what if I get a small beach tattoo?" I said distracting her from the burning sensation. It was almost done, but I can tell the shading was starting to feel uncomfortable.

"Two palm trees, maybe 2 bird scribbles, a sun setting... but minimalist.. kinda like somebody drew it on me with a pen... I can call it my summer, and think about you"

I didn't expect her to blush so hard. I could tell she really liked that idea.

We swapped places and soon I was the one getting my tatt done.

Summer got a even simpler version of my tattoo. She just got the sun setting on the water.

This is the craziest thing I've ever done. Tattoos with a stranger? I can't tell whether this is love, or if I've completely lost my mind. But I don't think I'll regret it.

After the tatts we all went back to the beach house and smoked together.

"I'm not gonna lie girl, when I first met you I was like dammnnnn, she gonna be a buzzkill. Watch she kill the vibe.. but you're cool!" Hanna said as we smoke.

I laughed "thank you.. I think."

"Bitch hush" Ashleigh laughed talking to Hannah. "I'm sure when she met you she was like, this bitch is psycho.. trying to fight over a hot pocket."

We all laughed.

"I still cant believe I did that... man, y'all I drunk so much at that club I don't even know how I walked into the house! Let alone went to everybody room knocking on their doors about a hot pocket. I was so heated too. My fat ass really wanted both like I couldn't just eat one"

"No, but it was a bussin ass hot pocket though" I teased "I think it tasted extra good cause it wasn't mine." I smirked

"See! Y'all feeling bad for her but she fully enjoyed my shit"

We all laughed.

It wasn't long before the living room started clearing out.

Some guy picked Hanna up.

"How does this look?" Ashleigh asked. She walked slightly like a horse as she came out of the room in one of the girliest things I've seen her wear the whole trip.

She was wearing a dress and some tall ass heels .

Summer gasped. "Bestttieee!!!"

"Shhhh" Ashleigh shushed her. "Treasure doesn't know, she was in the shower when I got dresssed."

Summer smirked "you should let me do a little makeup."

They disappeared into Summer's room. I've never gone in there, but I'm pretty sure she has her own bathroom.

I sat there cheesing. I thought it was so cute how happy Summer was to see her best friend dolled up. She really does care about her friends. It's so sweet the little family they've made.. speaking of family. I'm still wondering about Summer's. I told her about my uninteresting ordinary family and my move to New York... but every time her family gets brought up, other then her sister, she shuts down.