Chapter XII

It had been a few months since Izuku had gotten everything set up, he was able to enroll himself back into online school, where he spent almost every hour of every day on.

He knew he had 3 years of schoolwork and education to catch up on, while before he was already advanced by a few years he still wanted to make sure he understood everything.

He had 10 months until the next UA entrance exams, and while he knew he would be a year younger than everyone else, he couldn't bring himself to stay put for practically 2 years.

The silence in the house had soon become deafening and Izuku had to constantly play music on his phone.

Izuku honestly didn't have to buy anything else except groceries every now and then and some new clothes. His old replacement phone was still back where he had left it. Honestly nothing in the house had changed.

His clothes, his fathers clothes, the kitchen utensils, everything was where they had left it. The only thing he had to do was dust everything and run a lot of laundry to get the musty smell out of the clothes and bed sheets.

While he had to get rid of practically all of his clothes, he was able to keep a few old hoodies and jackets. though in all fairness they had originally been his fathers, and one was his mothers.

He started sobbing when he had put his mother's jacket on.

It now fit him perfectly.

He had remembered when he was younger it was so huge on him, his mother's laugh when he walked out his parents room with it on.

His mother had never made him give it back.

It was all he had left of her.

Izuku couldn't bring himself to get rid of his fathers clothes, or his bedsheets, or practically anything that had once belonged to him.

The first few nights Izuku slept in Keigo's bed, the faint and nearly completely faded scent of his father caused him to burst into tears. He allowed himself to mourn and grieve the loss of his father. Though he wasn't ready to move on.

Izuku knew that he should have tried to contact the Satari's, or the Iida's. He knew that they most likely thought he was dead.

But at that time, Izuku truly wanted nothing more than to be dead.

He felt dead.

So, he knew it wouldn't hurt them to continue on believing he was dead too.

Though he knew he wouldn't be able to hide forever.

But regardless of everything Izuku fell back into almost the same schedule he had before. Though this time he left the house even less than last time, and once he figured out how to do online shopping like his mother always use to do, he became the very definition of a hobbit.

Though he did try his hardest to maintain his health, his father had a workout room that Izuku now used frequently to try and rebuild some of his previous muscle mass, though all it would do is cause him to become even skinner.

While Izuku did try to eat, it became hard at times. His mother had thankfully taught him every recipe she knew, so it wasn't like he didn't know how to cook. But whenever he would attempt it. It would only cause him to cry at the memories that resurfaced of not only his mother, but of his father.

Izuku could hardly look in the mirrors at times, whenever he would take a shower or a bath, he would be sure to make the mirror so foggy that it looked as if a cloud was on his mirror. And the mirror in his room and in his parent's, room had been turned around.

Whenever he saw himself, all he would see was his father or his mother practically standing next to him. He had broken down in front of the mirror so many times. And whenever he would dare unveil his wings, it would once again cause his dam to burst as the memories of his father replayed again, and again.

Though whenever he would have to use his healing abilities, he would only look at the ceiling, the one time he chose to heal one of his old wounds as to save bandages, he watched the wound and he looked at himself. All it did was resurface the memories of his mother. And once again it broke him.

Soon Izuku could hardly use his quirk without crying, or resurfacing memories. So, he trained to make sure that he could rely on just his abilities other than his quirk to get him into the Hero Course at UA.

But soon Izuku had to turn to the help of online medical sites, he eventually learned that he would need to go on a specific diet to at least get out of the underweight group.

After a few months, and a very tedious diet that Izuku had honestly hated for a good 4 months, he started to gain some weight, while still horrendously skinny, he was getting better. Though he had to keep his workouts simple, nothing that would cause him to lose weight, but enough to build up endurance and strength, thankfully his natural flexibility had never left him.

Though as the entrance exams grew closer and closer Izuku couldn't get one major thought out of his head. Would Iida be there?

Izuku doubted that the boy would go anywhere else for his hero training but still he couldn't help but be curious.

Though when the time came to apply to the school Izuku thankfully had no problem fudging a few things regarding his education on the form. Homeschooling had its perks.

While when it came to legal guardians. Izuku felt queasy when he went to sign his father's name.

His mind was on autopilot when he had written down his phone number and email for the parental notification column, and he naturally wrote his father's name as the parental guardian, but when he went to write down his father's signature.

He felt queasy and horrible.

All the guilt he had just came back on him tenfold.

(How can I do this? What if someone finds out? Would they kick me out? I don't deserve to be a Pro. I don't deserve my quirk, I don't deserve to even be given the chance to go to UA, I don't-)

Though Izuku cut himself off in his thought with a hard slap to the face.

"No, dad wanted me to be a Pro, he believed in me, I'll use my quirk when I have earned it. I'll be the Hero dad was. I won't shame my parents again." Izuku stated to himself as he grabbed the form and finally signed the last bit that needed to be signed.

"Okay, let's do this."