Chapter 2 - His Descendant

Timeskip - A week later 

Kyojuro trod down the path, sword in hand. He was sent a letter from a mysterious man that said to have known something about his mother. Willing to take the risk, he agreed to meet up with him. It was the middle of the night and he had left his estate on an excuse of going on night patrol. 

 The letter's content summary was that of a man that claimed he knew something about Ruka Rengoku, and that he wanted them to meet up at ---- forest. The only thing he had left in the letter was that of a warning that he was a demon and that he swore not to hurt him. That was simply all of it. 

 "Rengoku." A voice called out to him. He turned around, and he saw a man in a black suit, he had a hat partially covering his face, curly short hair, and white pants. He looked up at him, and he saw he had blood-red eyes which resembled those of a demon's. "I'm surprised you came." He said. "Yes, I did. May we please get this over with? What's your name?" He immediately asked. "My name? Kibutsuji Muzan." Kyojuro gasped. His presence changed into something terrifying, a very strong presence Kyojuro has never felt before. This... is The Demon King? He raised his blade. "Calm down. If I wanted to kill you, you would've been dead by now." Kyojuro really wanted this over with now, since he knows he can't kill Muzan, his only option is to go through with it, assuming he even gets spared anyways. 

"About your mother," he started, "it... might take you by surprise but.." he hesitated before starting again, "she is.. my descendant. Which.. makes you my descendant too." He walked up to him and showed him a red hairpin that resembled a red spider lily. He then remembered something.

Flashback sequence 

"Okaa-san! Where did you get that hairpin? It's pretty!" Young Kyojuro grinned. "This was a gift from my father. It's very beautiful, isn't it? He told me this was... a family heirloom and that it had been passed on for generations. One day, this might even be yours." She explained. 

                                                                                                --

"What... w-where did you get this?" He stuttered. "It had been mine all along." He subtly smiled. Realization and reality hit Kyojuro. He was having a conversation with Muzan."No. This isn't the truth. You're lying, this isn't real. We aren't related." He stated.Muzan knew he was going to deny it, but he wasn't giving up just yet. "Kyojuro," he started, "I know this will be hard to accept but please, hear me out-..."Muzan's voice was muted out in his head.

Kyojuro's POV

There's no way. I'm not related to the demon king. My mother isn't. He's telling lies. He's a monster. My mother isn't a monster. What about my duties? What about everything she told me? Did she know? No. She wouldn't have. This is the Demon King we're talking about. Lies. Lies! LIES!!! 

"YOU... YOU MONSTER! WE ARE NOT RELATED. NOBODY GAVE YOU THE RIGHT TO SAY THAT. YOU DIDN'T KNOW MY MOTHER. YOU DON'T DESERVE TO HAVE MY MOTHER AS YOUR DESCENDANT. WHAT YOUR SAYING IS NOT TRUE, YOU LIAR! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE IN MY FAMILY, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? I WISH YOU NEVER CAME INTO MY LIFE THE FIRST PLACE!!" He snapped. Pure anger and rage were displayed on his face, which is something you could say you would never see from the flame hashira. 

                                                                                             --

He loved his mother. He would always listen to all her stories and morals. How... Why..? Would he have ever expected for her to be his descendant? What is he now? The descendant of someone he swore to kill? Someone he hated all his life? What would all of his friends think? His master? 

 Muzan felt his tears running down his cheek, What would he do now? he found out. he wanted this, didn't he? It was his fault. Once again. 

Your fault, your fault, your fault 

The words echoed in his head. They both stood there, frozen, crying. "I'm sorry. You're right, I'm a monster. It was dumb of me to have told you. I'm sorry for taking time out of your night." That was all he said before he left Kyojuro, just standing there. He was now alone, shocked at what just happened.

===========================================================

A/N

Like I said, juicy stuff~

Oh how I love angst and drama! Haha.

Next chapter will be the aftermath of this "discussion" or "argument" or whatever you'd like to call it. Honestly, Kyojuro might be a bit OOC here but I'm willing to take the chance. We're going no mercy here with the angst, so just be ready >:)

Okay, hope you guys enjoyed and are excited for the next one! Adios!