1. Resurfacing Memories

! Quick Disclaimer !

I'm updating because this has been in progress for a while and I couldn't leave you guys hanging especially with the - ehem, - awful initial chapter 1 before this rewrite. I wanted to address this and just make it clear that no, I'm not gone and if you still want to see the rest of the story you can leave a vote and a comment to let me know. Thank you so much for almost 1k reads everyone! I never thought I would have made it this far and I'm glad to see this ridiculous little idea wasn't so ridiculous after all lol.

P.S: I really hope you don't mind all the redactions. I'm doing that for the mystery but if you don't like it just lemme know ^^ and also I think I might be leaving wattpad and moving the story to ao3 but we'll see, just so you know tho I'm more active there now these days :)

Redact-on. G-itcḧ̸̡̥̜̦́̏̀͌̒̌es. Me-ô̸̯͇̙ri-s. U-cert-int̸̺͙͈̟̻̰͔͚̞͉̆̎̂y.

₳lmost li-e a cry for heļ̷̛̯͎̪͍̝̲̻͌̿̈̾̎̎͜͜p.

Som-thi-g haù̷̧͚̘̻̦̮̌͊̔̆̆͛̈́́͝nti-g.

A d-eam̸̡̹̰̹̱̪͔̱̙͛͌͗.

No, a nightma̶̼̬͉̼̪̞͒̿͂͆͐̃̾͛͊̌re.

"He n-ver ha- much stren̷̮͇̝̜͎̮̜͉̣͑͛͋̈͆ͅgth to b-gin w1th."

~

A little boy sat up. The moonlight illuminates his dark bedroom, and even with that, he could still barely see anything. It was the dead of night, what in the world is he doing awake?

He sat there, in the wonder of why everything felt so weird, why he can't remember the day before, and why he felt queasy... until his thoughts were rudely interrupted by a loud slamming of a shoji door. Then, as if in instinct, he shot up and yelled, "MOTHER!"

He went on a full sprint out and grabbed a sword where they usually kept it, and it was as if his body was controlling him. It was moving by itself. It was a demon. Wait, how was he sure? He had so many questions that forget paying attention to the heavy feeling of déjà vu, his focus was already split. 

He had to get his mother to safety.

Running to where the noises originated, he stopped dead in his tracks when a tall man dressed in full black turned around and loomed over him, blocking his way. The boy immediately raised his sword, took a deep breath - well, tried to because he was kind of terrified - and yelled, "Flame breathing, first form: Unknowing fire!"

The demon jumped back and chuckled, "my my, what an adorable little one." 

~

In a stance, trembling, he heard a distant thud. And a hiss, coming from a different direction. A slam, some yelling, and... was that crying?

There was never a moment that he wished his dear father was here more than ever.

"Let my mother go!" He demanded.

"Let me à̶̢̛̙̬̺͚̜̗̘͚͌͗̈́̉̑̆͝ͅs̴̰̤͍̟̾̽͝ķ̶̪͇̭̝͓̦̈́̄̓̔ ̴͎̟͑̕yy̶̨̙͖̠̙͐͑̈́̐̋͛ͅo̶̝͓̼̝̊͆͒͘- ̴̧̙͉͔̱͍͝ș̶̟̜͖̜͕͎̺̹̊̀́̃͂͝--ȇ̴̞͒̇̍͋̅̇̾ͅţ̷̛̩̗̙̥̍͛̾̉̈̈́̈́̋̈h̵͖̬̠̄͋͑̄̓̂́̅̕̚ͅin̶̢̢̗̩͐͌̐͆̈́̈́͌̍ͅg̷̯̭̬̥͖͑͛ͅ, de̵̢̮̥͒à̸̢̢͉̣͔͖̫͈̥̣͂r boy. A̸̡̛̜͔̖̺̅̅͌̈́̓̉̀-e h--r̵̰̥̜̼̙̀̂͆͝-̸̛̦̝̽̽ͅ-̸̟̥̭̱͊͌̋̉͝?"

throb.

"What did you say?"

Off guard, the demon "scowled. "I never said anything. Will you shut up for-" but before the deman in front of him could turn his head back, he lunged forward, accompanied by his third form. The fact that he was only capable of three so far wasn't helping much.