Chapter 6 - What are you doing here?

!! QUICK DETAIL I FORGOT TO MENTION !!

No demon can walk in the sun, except for Kibutsuji Muzan. No matter how much blood he gives another demon they would not be able to walk in the sun.

Unless...

~

Obanai silently slid the shoji door closed while he went back to the hallways, tracing the walls with his fingers. 

He opened the door to the backyard and reminisced about the days he would play and train in these yards with both his brothers.

(Song starts here, you may play it)

The statues and figures of him and his brothers as kids ran around, with the biggest smiles on their faces. They were running around, playing tag, training, eating snacks, climbing trees, hanging out and so many more.

I stood here once before... not long ago.

The flashback of the children worried in their bedroom flashed by his eyes, soon along with his father bowing down, face dark with tears hardly visible. The shadow of his mother's room covered in red... and Kyojuro's distressed voice rang in his ears.

Wish I could change the past but we're past that so I'm...

He reminisced the day he arrived at the Rengoku estate for the first time. It felt so.. warm, so welcoming. He felt safe. The first time he met Kyojuro, his brother and best friend. How he was startled by that bold personality and the overwhelmingly kind grin that was on his face.

Washed clean in the river but my mind's not at ease. 

There was no running from the memories of his old 'home'. Memories of him waking up in the middle of the night whimpering from the nightmares of the past. The horrible monsters he called his 'family'. After all the things they did to him, could he even call them family?

All these memories within my past have got me on my knees 

His insecurity haunted him. How he thought that his blood was stained, how he was embarrassed by where he came from, of his mouth. He would hide it and not show it to anybody for as long as he can.

Though I'm washed clean by the river inside is my disease 

Though whenever that happened, he remembered how welcoming his new family was. How proud he was to call them 'his family.' How he felt loved, and welcomed, and he felt like he mattered.

 As it eats away leaves only pain 

He felt like Kyojuro understood him. Like he knew what he needed without him having to say it. The night when he gathered the courage to open his mask in front of him. Out of all the people he can open it to... He chose Kyojuro. He wasn't scared or disgusted. It was almost like he knew what he felt.

 I hope you hear my pleas 

The hallways and floors of this estate were like a trip back into the past. The good old days, the days where he felt like everything was going to be okay. The days when he didn't have to worry about anything. Now it's like a river that dried out.

 As I walk the winding river where the water once ran free 

Everything about this was haunting. It was almost like his new family ended up like his older family. How everything looked so dead and lifeless, dispirited like something abandoned.

 The dust that kicks up with my shoes resemble memories 

He remembered what he felt the first time his father hit him. It hurt, it stang. He remembered thinking 'why would he do that?! What's happening?! Why does he smell funny?' and from that day on he didn't stop hurting him and his brothers