Extra Oneshot - "I'm so sorry"

My friends and I were talking about this and I figured I HAD to write a oneshot on this. Ofc, it'll be angst - no happy ending either. So if you want to cry then come on over.

@Phone_adik is making a fanfic of this too- uh- go check it out ig? I don't know what will happen in her's, it might go differently than this one.

Enjoy!

Timeline - 5 months after Mugen Train, Kyojuro never fought Akaza. Quick disclaimer that this is NOT RELATED to His Descendant main story WHATSOEVER.

It was a clear night. The Flame Pillar, Kyojuro Rengoku was on a mission to kill a demon that has been taking a lot of innocent lives lately. 

He was in the forest when he felt a presence. It was like a dark shadow that whooshed past behind him. 

The demon.

He quickly turned behind him just in time to deflect an attack. It was... flames? His thoughts were soon interrupted by a very familiar voice. "Oh, well if it isn't the flame pillar, am I right?" It was a relatively young voice, it sounded... cold, and bored. Kyojuro turned around once more, to meet eye contact with eyes that spelled "uppermoon four", but he recognized that face... those eyes... the flame-like hair...

"Senjuro..?"

His little brother, Senjuro, who was missing and was claimed dead two years ago, is now standing before him in a fighting stance...

ready to kill him with no hesitation. 

"Someone's been looking into some information! How'd you know my name? You sure look... hey, you nervous? Aw, never faced an uppermoon before?"

Kyojuro sweatdropped. What happened? How did it happen? All this took him back to a dreadful night.

"He left. He isn't coming back." His father said, silently, sipping his sake. "What- what do you mean? He just... left?" He backed up and made his way to Senjuro's room. It was nothing. Empty, only a letter on his futon.

"Dear Kyojuro nii-chan..

I've been thinking of this for a long time now. I cannot handle this anymore. Father has been mercilessly hitting me and it's been getting worse by the day. So I left. If you're reading this, I'm probably long gone by now. I'm sorry. I just want you to know that it's not your fault. You were the best big brother I could have ever asked for."

The shoji door slammed open, a very angry Kyojuro stepped out. This had reached the limit. "You let him leave?! What have you been doing to him anyways?!" He yelled. "Doesn't matter. He was an idiot kid, he can't even do anything right. The pathetic boy just ran away from fear, not like it's my problem." He replied, with a tone that spelled out he didn't care, not even the least bit.

Kyojuro was about to lose it. "NOT YOUR PROBLEM?! HE'S YOUR SON FOR GOODNESS SAKE! IF YOU DON'T ALWAYS SPEND THE WHOLE DAY MOPING AROUND LIKE SOME KIND OF GHOST AND ACTUALLY TREAT US LIKE YOUR SONS THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED." 

"DON'T TALK BACK TO ME YOUNG MAN. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING THIS?" Shinjuro spat back. "WHO DO I THINK I AM?! I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE MAD AT YOU RIGHT NOW. YOU HAVE BEEN ABUSING SENJURO AND I EVERY DAY OF OUR LIVES FOR 8 WHOLE YEARS AND YOU EXPECT ME TO PRETEND EVERYTHING IS OKAY FOREVER?!" Rage, disappointment and anger was written on his face. Shinjuro was immediately taken aback by what he said next, "You know, when Senjuro was little he asked me 'nii-chan. ever since mother passed away, oto-san has been hiding away in his bed. Will he be taken to heaven just like mother was?' and I replied, 'Senjuro, don't say that. I'm sure he'll be okay. He just needs time.' Oh, how I should've known how wrong I was that day." Just like that, he walked away. "I'm going to find Senjuro."

And just like that, he was never found again. Claimed to be dead.

His body started moving on its own while his mind was buried in thoughts. He was already going against his little brother. He was already struggling since he was hesitating. Pulling back. While Senjuro wasn't. His breath was unsteady and his thoughts and emotions were all over the place. He was never like this before. 

 Once an innocent, little angel who he was laughing with while eating snacks... now trying to kill him. He hesitated. This would mean he had to kill him. He had no other choice.

"Do the right thing. You have to protect those weaker than you."

The right thing... The right thing. His mother's words echoed in his head.

He knew what to do. It would hurt, a lot. But he was going to do it. He moved past him in a straight motion, dropping something which Senjuro automatically caught. It was a flame pin. His eyes widened.

"We'll always be together and do the right thing!" Voice.... who's voice was that..?

His head hurt, as all the memories flooded back and he regained his humanity. Just with the one pin.

and with a swift motion, there was a slicing sound as his head gracefully slid off. Kyojuro stood there, still, as behind him, his little brother was turning to ash. "I love you, nii-chan." He said before he disappeared.

Kyojuro said nothing and his legs felt weak as he collapsed. He sobbed. "Senjuro..."

"I'm so sorry..."

A/N 

Soooo did you cry? Tbh I find it easier to cry while reading fics instead of writing them. I just find it hard to, I don't know why. Anyways don't worry, I'm totally NOT ending His Descendant. This is just an extra oneshot and I'll be continuing it next chapter. I hope you liked this! Let me know if you want more extra oneshots