Chapter 5 - Separated

Chapter TW: K!dnapping

Senjuro felt his head being raised. He had opened his eyes and his vision was blurry. It was cold, but somehow a moment ago it was warm. Senjuro let out a small groan. He blinked and his panic began rising. 'Where am I!?' He thought. He tried moving, but then realized he didn't have control over his body. At all. He felt his hair being pulled up and he met eye contact with creepy, yellow eyes. "Well, well. If it isn't the youngest Rengoku. Adorable, aren't you?" He said, sarcasm leaking in the tone of his voice. "I'm surprised you didn't get your mother's colors.

Senjuro didn't have the least bit of an idea of where he was. How did the guy even know his name?! A lot of other hooded people were around the room, and he was terrified. Heck, he couldn't even speak if he wanted to. He can't move any of his muscles, not even an inch. 'What did they do to me?!' He wondered. 

Senjuro's POV

I don't know what I'm gonna do! Why did they even kidnap me? I'm a nobody! I'm useless to them! Please.. p-please someone help me! "Hey, don't worry little guy. You have nothing to worry about." Is he trying to comfort me or something? How does he think that's going to work when he's grabbing a syringe?! What is he going to inject me with?! He looked at me. "You're probably wondering where you are. Don't worry, you're somewhere no one will find you.." He spoke out getting some blood from me using the syringe. Ow! That hurts. I've never experienced this before... but then didn't I get hurt a lot during training? Why does this hurt?

He's grabbing another syringe?! What is he going to do to me?! No! Why me?! I can't even resist...I... feel.. sleepy? Wait...

~

Senjuro was knocked out. He woke up on a futon in a dark room, and for some reason... he felt comfortable. However, that sick feeling in the pit of his stomach from earlier was still there. He sat up and looked around. He was completely alone in the room, and a part of him was relieved with that, but what was he supposed to do now?

Meanwhile...

(With Kyojuro)

Everyone was staring at him, and he didn't know what to do. He bowed in embarrassment before saying, "My apologies. That was out of place." "Kyojuro, may I ask if something is bothering you?" Kagaya questioned sympathetically. "N-no, not at all, Oyakata-sama. I was.. just overreacting. That's all." He forced a smile for like the 5th time today. He stuttered speaking the sentence he said just earlier, and it felt harder to deliver. That really rarely happens, and he is almost sure that everyone probably knows he is far from okay. So, he decided to do something he had never done before. "Ehem... If you'll excuse me, I'll be taking my leave now. Thank you." He bowed and then he left.

He never leaves early.

Running away from his problems is never what he does, the last thing he wants to do and the last thing you should do, but this time he had no choice, and he dreaded that. So once he was out of sight, he ran. He ran home as fast as he could and he couldn't even feel like he was tired for the least bit. He didn't know what was wrong with him... but he just didn't feel okay. When he got home, he ran to Senjuro's room and by then his knees gave up. He broke down, crying into Senjuro's futon while silently whispering "Gomen... I'm so s-sorry, Gomenasai, Senjuro.." 

On the other side of the building, someone was walking through the hallways, which to them were very familiar, and brought a lot of nostalgia

On the other side of the building, someone was walking through the hallways, which to them were very familiar, and brought a lot of nostalgia. He was walking through the halls of the estate which to him were once home. 

Obanai Iguro, or more to Obanai Rengoku. The adopted son of the Rengoku family.

He had decided to visit after seeing Kyojuro and noting that he wasn't okay. No one was there to stop him with Shinjuro asleep, or rather, collapsed from drinking too much. Sometimes he felt like he didn't deserve to come back here like he never deserved a family like the Rengokus. He felt sick to the stomach that day, like he didn't want to, and couldn't bear staying after seeing his hero, his savior and his adopted father Shinjuro Rengoku shrink down into a depressed drunkard. Nothing like the man he once was. So he left. But now, he's back. Back to change everything.. or to at least try. Well, until he was overwhelmed.

What could he have done when he finally found his adopted brother crying into the futon of his younger brother? He had silently slid the door open after searching through all of the rooms he would usually find them in and failing. 'What happened here?' he wondered, because Kyojuro wasn't the type to cry, literally ever. He was one of the strongest people he knew, so what could have made him like this? 

He felt bad that he was just watching, even though he knew Kyojuro hadn't noticed him there, but he was never good at comforting people. He was always the one being comforted. He recalled the days Ruka would often comfort him. How gentle her touch was, her soothing voice... just like Kyojuro's. They are very much alike, more than people would think. He knew that he would never be like them. 

-Timeskip along with going back to Senjuro's side brought to you by the plot-

Senjuro's POV

I realized that they were obviously trying to keep me alive because they occasionally checked on me and gave me food. They weren't just locking me up here to die, I'm glad to know that. Even so, what now? There must be a reason that I'm here. I've already checked and there are, like, four people outside my room, and they're holding katanas! With my horrible fighting skills, I'll never be able to get out of here. I don't want to stay here any longer... I wanna go home, but I can't.

Are those footsteps?! What now? What could they possibly do to me now?

~

*Boom*

Senjuro heard screaming, fighting and blood splatter. He backed up in his room until his back hit the wall before a shadowy figure was seen through the door. It slid open rather violently. What in the world?

===========================================================

A/N

WOOHOO! There goes another chapter :D. As you can see I desperately tried to make this chapter pretty long, because I've been kind of triggered seeing how short my other chapters are, even though my motivation is violently shaking its head. I hope this chapter was juicy enough, and if this or the previous chapter made you shed a tear then I have achieved my goal >:)

Thank you for almost 150 reads and almost 20 votes now! It means a lot and I hope this fanfic can keep growing (even though we made it for fun, haha.) Senjuro is still trapped, kind of.. totally not like someone just busted in, right? Kyojuro is currently suffering from the worry and concern of his brother, his poor little boy augh 😔. Obanai is.. uh.. self-reflecting, while creepily watching his adopted brother suffer. Who even knows what Shinjuro is doing.

The next chapter will be about, well I technically can't say that because it'd be spoiling. Let's just say, more problems. Yeah, and about whoever just busted in, and scared the heck out of Senjuro. Now that S2 is ended we're going to be like dry for maybe even a year :(( It pains me to know I have to wait that long. Ok, I hope you guys enjoyed it and are excited for the next chapter! Byee!