Chapter 7 - Secrets In The Books

This next song is from the fandom Frozen, and it will be split into two or three parts throughout the story (haven't really decided.) Enjoy!

The next day, Senjuro woke up feeling... different. It was a difference that he couldn't describe, and he almost felt.. more powerful? He thought that it had something to do with yesterday, and he wanted to tell his brother but judging from how stressed he looked, he decided not to just yet. He didn't know what happened, or what he was injected with that day but he felt somewhat inhumane. Like something in him changed, but he just didn't know what and how to show it.

Senjuro and Kyojuro were outside enjoying the morning breeze after having breakfast. He had ignored the change of feeling, and the both of them were messing around, playing.

Meanwhile, on another side of the estate, Shinjuro woke up sober to his annoyance. He was unamusingly scanning around the room until his eyes landed on a book on one of the shelves. 'I remember this book', He thought. It had remained untouched for so long because it was Ruka's favorite book. Shinjuro hated the thought of Ruka since it would always ruin his mood. He decided to grab the book and skim through it, not expecting anything until he found a letter on the last page of the book, at the very back. It wasn't there before, or at least he had never realized it. With shaking hands, he opened the letter and as he expected, it was in Ruka's handwriting. He hesitated before starting to read its contents:

 "Hello, to whoever finds this letter... I have kept this for many years. There is something about my family tree, my bloodline. Whether you believe it or not, I am the descendant of Kibutsuji Muzan, The Demon King. I never told anyone because I was afraid. I have grown up knowing that my bloodline was... special. In a way. We have other abilities that no normal beings have, not even demons. I am sorry to have kept this for so long, and I am writing this letter to give to someone one day if I ever decide to.

I love you very much to my husband, Rengoku Shinjuro, and my love for you will never die. I hope you do not forget that. I was too scared to tell you this before we got married or even dated for the fear that you would hate me, or worse, kill me. My family already warned me that having kids with a hashira will be painful and hard. I took that risk. I still don't regret it to this day. I love you and the kids very much.

To my beloved sons, Rengoku Kyojuro and Rengoku Senjuro. My two angels. I love both of you so much, and I want you both to be strong, but I can't help you unlock your full power like this. I find it too dangerous. If one day you happen to unlock it, I can only wish I would be there to help you. I promise to do as much as I can. You are more powerful than you know. You have so much potential, believe me. I want you to know that you are not monsters, and you will never be. I love you so much. The Red Spider Lily Hairpin is a sign of last goodbyes, and it's been an heir of my bloodline. I want you to take it. It won't do much, but hopefully, it will help you avoid the worst. 

 From Ruka Rengoku

 Shinjuro, still in shock, could just cry. 

(Small timeskip of a day or so brought to you by me feeling like I had to put it)

Later the next day, Senjuro was cleaning the library while planning the dinner -that he failed to do since he got kidnapped- in his head. The previous day he had been forced to rest by his very worried brother, and he refused to let him even leave his room. He had to do it tonight if he could because any other day Kyojuro would be called on a mission and would leave for at least a week or maybe even a month. He didn't want to have to wait that long.