Dandelions And Sunset

Camilo x Non-binary reader

This is my first story so there's nothing much to expect here. Sigh of disappointment.

You were following Camilo closely when he told you that he found a good hang out spot

"Camilo, the sun is setting soon! We need to get you back to the Casita before your mama creates a storm for being too worried of you!" You said, groaning because your feet kinda hurts with all the walk.

"We're close, hermosa/o~ A lil' patience! Besides, I'm not a 7-year old kid! I can take care of myself! And that's the point!" he said, looking ahead so he didn't see your blush because of the nickname.

You rolled your eyes, ignoring the itchy feeling of the grass, "What do you mean 'that's the point'?"

"The setting sun!" he answered, you were about to reply but he spoke again, "We're here!" he grinned at you and held out his hand.

You looked at him before taking his hand. He moved the tall grasses out of your way and you saw..

A field of Dandelions. (yes, the song, pfft)

"This is.. awesome!" you said, gazing at the surroundings, the sun nearly setting adding more colours in it.

"Told ya! Need a lot of patience! Worth it, isn't it?"

You looked at him before smiling wider, "It is.."

You took a step forward, leaving the flustered boy caused by your smile as you appreciate the nature.

You turned to look at him, "What do we do though?"

That's where he stopped his train of thoughts and went to you then told you to sit on the grass. You did, staring at the sun.

"Sun gazing, huh? How romantic." you teased as he sit beside you.

"That's Camilo Madrigal for you." he responded back.

There have been a comfortable silence after that conversation, the both of you just gazing at the sun.

"I never really get to look at the sun, or the nature.. like this.." you smiled. "I never thought that it can be this mesmerizing.."

You relaxed as the sun was now nearly gone from the sky, "It's beautiful.." you whispered.

Camilo was silent. You didn't notice because you were focused on the sun, but later on, he whispered as well..

"Yeah.. How beautiful.. Breathtakingly beautiful.." he said, lovingly gazing at you.