Promises

Camilo x Female reader

"You know, Camilo, you're the only one who understands me

"You know, Camilo, you're the only one who understands me.." the little boy looked at you when you sadly said. "Dad left us.. And mom doesn't even have time for me.. My sister nor the other kids doesn't like me.."

"Hey! Don't say that! If you want, I can be your mother or father-figure! Your hermana definitely doesn't have a reason to hate you! And I'm pretty sure that the other kids are just too shy because you're too beautiful!" you blushed when he bluntly said.

"You.. think so?" he nodded eagerly then muttered a little "C'mere" before hugging you.

"From what I see, you're the most beautiful girl in Encanto, bonita." your face heated more from Camilo's fluttering statement.

"Well.. From what I see.. You're the most handsome boy in Encanto, Milo.." you whispered.

"What are you hiding?" you said, raising an eyebrow at the Shapeshifter who was hiding something at his back.

"Erm.. Well.. Actually.." he slowly shows the object in his hand. It was a yellow paper ring and was poorly made.

"Mirabel and I had a competition on who's gonna create a better paper ring.. I won, right?" his eyes lit in excitement and nervousness as he asked you.

"You did.. great!" you said, laughing.

"I suck at it.. I know." he sighed.

"Hey, you still did great. I'm bad at it too bad at creating paper rings too but this is WAY better than mine!"

"You've created a paper ring before?" "Yeah!" "Did you gave it to someone?" "Eh? No, I don't have anyone to give it to." "Oh.. Well, how about.." he takes out another poorly made paper ring from his pocket.

"We both have paper rings!" "You're giving me one?" "Of course! I made another one so we can match like a married—" he stopped before saying anything further before blushing.

"J—just take this.." he gave it to you but then takes it back, "Oh, wait, I'll just wear it to you.." he slowly took your hand.

He kissed it before putting the ring on your ring finger, "Hermosa.. It suits your hand.."

You smiled, "Should I put yours too?" he blushed, "Y—yeah, sure..!"

You also took his hand, then put the ring in his finger, "It suits you too! Like a married couple!" you laughed but then stopped when you saw him with a serious look, "Milo?"

"I.. wanna marry you when we grow up."

You blushed at his words and stood there like a statue, "I wanna be your marido, and you'll be my wife. I.. want that.. Do you..?" he hesitantly asked.

You smiled then nodded so he smiled as well, "When we grow up, I'll propose to you. I promise.."

That was 13 years ago. How you miss those times, right? Mostly when you really hoped for those promises to happen.

Now here you are. Watching Camilo Madrigal, the Camilo you love, the Camilo who cheered you up, the Camilo who stayed beside you, the Camilo who understands you.

The Camilo who promised to marry you. Here he is now, has his one knee down on the ground as he proposed at your sister in front of you.

As your sister said "yes", you let out a bitter smile and applaud along with the other Madrigals on the table.

You remembered what Camilo told you when you confronted him about the promise, "We were childish and immature back then, Y/N."

That was it then.. Promises are indeed meant to be broken.

A/N: I suck.