A Date With Mirabel

Camilo/Mirabel x Non-binary reader

"Hah.. She's so pretty.." you complimented Mirabel as you stared dreamily at her while she plays with the kids.

"That's creepy. You know that her cousin is just beside you, right?" Camilo bitterly said.

"You still haven't gotten used to it? And dude, I can't help it." you said, not sparing a glance at him. "You think I can ask her on a date?"

"Don't know. She never even looks at you more than a friend." he covers his mouth when he bluntly said so without even thinking.

You just chuckled bitterly, "I know that."

Camilo was flooded by guilt as he looked at you, "I—I'm sorry.. Hey, I'll make it up to you. Want some arepa from Tía Julieta?"

"How do I look?" you asked the Shapeshifter, fixing your hair as you prepared yourself to ask Mirabel out.

"You always look great." he honestly answered. It made you smile.

When you saw Mirabel heading to your direction, you slightly panicked but then, "You can do it!" Camilo gave a slight smack on your arm before leaving for you to have a talk with Mirabel.

"Uhm.. Hey, Mira.." you called when she was near you, carrying some basket of arepa.

"Oh hey, Y/N!" she continued walking so you followed her.

"Uh, you need some help?" "I can handle it!" "You sure?" "Yep!" "Well.. I wanna.. ask you if.."

"I'll see you around, Y/N! Gotta go!" she said then quickly left you.

You stopped walking, "Well.. There goes my hope."

Looking at the direction where she went, you sighed before heading back home.

Forgetting about the boy sadly staring at your leaving figure.

"Hey, Y/N!" you got surprised when Mirabel approached you when you were waiting for Camilo at a food stand.

"H—hey, Mira!" you quickly responded, burying your shyness.

"So.. Last time.. I noticed that you were about to tell me something.. What is it?"

"Oh! Uhm.. I'm, well.. I was about to.." scared that she might not like the term 'date', you said 'hang out' instead.

"Really? Sure! Let's go!"

It was weird but you shrugged it off.

You've had a good day with them. You really did. But there's this one thing that made you sad.

After they walked you to your house, "Uhm, I had fun today!" she said.

You laughed, "Yeah, sure.. Camilo."

Mirabel's filled with surprised expression as you find out who you're really with.

He shifted back into his original figure then looked down, "You found out.." The boy really practiced hard to make a good Mirabel impression just to make you happy.

He was preparing this day to cheer you up but in the end, you still found out.

"Hey, at least I still had fun today!" you forced a smile.

"But—" "And Camilo.. You don't have to pretend to be someone that isn't you to make people happy."

You pat his head before turning your back and went in your house.

Camilo stayed silent before looking at your front door, "But you won't look at me if I'm ME, the same way I look at you.."

Do you kin Camilo?