The Third Reason

You took care of me and I will do the same if you let me. Let me love you secretly until I'm ready to confess the feelings that I bottle in.

I woke up because of the sound of the bird chipping outside my window. The lovely wind goes right on my face greeting me with a good morning. I glance beside me and see that Sana-unnie was sleeping peacefully. So, this was the point of view of her past lovers.

I caresses her face gently as I studied how beautiful she was. The eyes that I wanted to stare at every day, those chubby cheeks that I wanted to pinch badly, and these plump lips that so tempting me to kiss it. She has a perfect form of face and no one can argue with me that she was not.

I felt her shift and I rapidly close my eyes to pretend that I'm still sleeping.

"You still have to practice on your acting, Chou Tzuyu" She giggles. I chuckled and open my eyes, I never knew that angel was real.

"Did you just wake up?" She asked as she got up on my bed.

"Yes, I just woke up and I'm hungry," I whined which makes her laugh.

"Well, let's prepare our breakfast then. Please get up"

I nodded and start doing my morning routine. Is she going to prepare our breakfast? I know she's not good at cooking. No... I don't want to eat burned foods. When I was done with my morning routine, I ran to go into the kitchen as fast as I could. When I get there, I saw her pouring hot water into a cup of noodles...

"Oh, you're here already. Let's eat" She muttered, showing me her beautiful smile. I approached her and sat on the kitchen stool. She loves eating ramen cause I hear the slurping sound when she eats it.

"We don't have anything to do today," She stated and I hum.

"Do you have any plans?" She continued and I shook my head as I keep eating.

"Do you want to go with me? I will go with a friend too but can you accompany me?" She asked and look down.

"Why me?" I asked as glanced at her intently.

"Why not? I like you" She blurted. And I think that the noodles that I ate tangled in my stomach.

I like you...

I like you...

I like you...

Her words echo in my ears, I feel that my heart shuttered not because I was hurt but because of the love that I felt inside.

"I mean I like your... company. Dahyun was busy" She clarified. I bit my lip and rolled my eyes. Too much expectation will kill you.

"Oh, okay. I don't have plans today, I can go with you if Dahyun was still... busy."

She jumps excitedly and engulfed me, "Thank you, Tzuyu-ah!"

While Sana-unnie is preparing, I'm just in my room talking with my dogs. Kaya and Butter only look at me like they understand me. I plopped on my bed and stare at the ceiling.

"Why does she need to clarify that, it sucks" I whisper.

"No need to whine now Zhou Tzuyu!" Once I'm done motivating myself, I went to the bathroom to start preparing.

As I'm done wearing my clothes on, I looked in front of the mirror and pose a little bit.

"Why is she ignoring this face?"

"She should be grateful that the Chou Tzuyu was crazy for her"

"Who are you talking to?" I heard someone said behind me causing me to startled.

I turned around and saw Sana-unnie wearing beautiful clothes and has confusion written on her face.

"I'm not talking, you just have hallucinations" I stammered and get my phone.

"But... I swear I heard you talking."

"No, it's just your imagination" I pulled her hand, and we get out in my room.

The car stopped at the old house, I felt terrified. I'm doubting going with her since I just found out that she's into this stuff. She seems very excited, I sighed and couldn't do anything now. This street is somehow quiet, maybe because it's morning?

Sana knocked on the gate, we waited for a minute before Grandma open the gate. I wonder how Sana met her since I know Sana is from Japan. I bow at Grandma and she smiles at me. Once we got inside the house, I looked around first and admired the furniture and the house itself.

"You two sit down," Grandma smiled and left as she goes somewhere.

"How did you meet her?" I asked.

"She's Chan's Grandma."

When Sana said that, I quickly turned my head at her and look at her with disbelief. So the friend that she talk about was...

"Sana!" I lifted my head as I heard a Man's voice.

Chan run towards Sana and hugs her, I was standing awkwardly while waiting for them to break apart. But it seems I am third-wheeling here since it's been a minute and they still hugging each other. I cough to get their attention and Chan nervously laughs at me.

"Are you guys together?" I unexpectedly asked, I was surprised to myself too since it just slipped out my mouth.

Sana immediately shook her head and I turned my attention to Chan. He looks sad when Sana answers it faster like a speed of light.

"We're just friends, Tzuyu-ah. Chan probably misses me so much that's why he doesn't want to let me go" She teases and goes my way, hugging my arm.

A warm sensation goes through my cheeks, I look down to hide my reddening cheeks. I'm glad that Chan's Grandma calls us or else they will see how I'm looking like a tomato because of Sana.

"I prepared something delicious with the three of you. Sana, thank you for coming here. I'm a fan of TWICE and you also" Grandma uttered. And I nodded as I realized the reason why are we here.

"Thank you for this food and thank you for supporting us, Grandma" Sana muttered as she embraced Chan's Grandma.

We ate in silence while Chan's Grandma told her stories about I don't know. I lose my appetite to eat as I stared at Chan. He was staring at Sana and it bothers me a lot. Sana was too oblivious to notice that Chan likes her. I guess once Chan confesses what he truly feels to Sana, he might get rejected.

When we're done eating, I insisted to wash the dishes. Chan's Grandma was sleeping already, she said that it was enough for her that she saw Sana and I. I looked at the window in the kitchen and observed Chan's action towards Sana, he was like a kid.

I turned my attention to the plates wondering how Sana's future boyfriend will be lucky to have her. Sana was like a ball of sunshine that can light up your world. She was full of love and she deserve to have someone who will loves her more than she loves herself.

I glanced at them again and the scene broke my heart into pieces. Chan held Sana's hands, and he kissed both of them. They were in a deep conversation, I regret agreeing to come in here. But I can't do anything because it was Sana who asked me. What Sana wants, Sana gets. And I always say yes to everything that she wants.

As I look at both of them, Sana turns her head causing both of us to stare at each other. Does she know how my heart was breaking right now? Will she know that these eyes keep longing for her for so long?

She smiles at me like assuring me that's nothing was going on. She smiles at me like she reciprocate what I felt towards her. That moment when our gaze met, the red string match and it will never be apart. But all of that thoughts have vanished when I know I shouldn't expect too much. Expecting too much will hurt you...

I was just in the third reason yet I'm gradually falling harder...