The Thirteenth Reason

"And you know damn well that for you, I would ruin myself a million little times..."

It's been a week ever since Sana starts avoiding me. I don't spend most of my free time at our dorm since I don't want to see her, it's awkward when our eyes met.

When I have some free time, I went here to Brittany's hotel room. I sometimes have a conversation with her but she was not here often because of her work. She just gave me the key then I can stay here whatever I want. The unnies have been curious where am I going since I always bring Butter & Kaya to go out with me.

And now I'm currently going to Brittany's hotel again. However, someone spread their arms wide to block my way. I furrowed my eyebrows and asked what was going on.

"Where do you think you're going?" Mina-unnie asked, the first time she has a normal conversation with me.

"I'm going to my friend's hotel room" I answered. I never dare to lie to her because she knows whether I'm lying or not.

"And do you think I'll let you go out?" She smirked, challenging me.

"You're not my mom" I respond shortly.

"That does not make any sense. You're not going anywhere, that's my final answer" She ordered.

I sighed and place Kaya & Butter on the floor. I crossed my arms and glare at her. She glares back and I swear her eyes can kill anyone.

"Why am I not allowed to go out?" I asked. She was about to speak when someone respond behind her which turns my attention to that person.

"Because I said so" Sana answered, crossing her arms.

She crouch to pick up Kaya who's been calling her attention. I clicked my tongue and rolled my eyes, what does she want this time?

"I'll go to get ready lovebirds. Sana makes sure that she will come" Mina-unnie grinned. Hmph! Even though she begged in front of me, I still won't come.

"Where are you going huh?" Sana asked, hugging Kaya tightly.

Damn... I feel jealous of my dog.

"Why do you care?" I answered sassily.

She chuckles and placed Kaya on the floor. She approached me and held my arm which made me weak.

"Tzu, I'm asking you nicely so you should answer me nicely" She whined. I gulped and rubbed my nape. I'm so disrespectful to answer her like that.

"Uh, I planned to go in my friend's hotel room" I admitted, averting her eyes.

"Again?" She said in an uninterested tone.

"Yeah. It's fun to rest in her hotel room" I nervously laugh. She huffed and crossed her arms, looking away from me.

"What's the difference of that? It's just like your room, don't tell me she's your girlfriend?" She asked seems like... Mad?

What's wrong with this girl? She has been distant from me for a week and acts like this. She never explained why is she avoiding me. Oh sorry who am I for her to explain, right? I'm not her girlfriend nor we're not together. We're just friends so she doesn't have to explain her side.

I didn't answer her question, it somehow makes me annoyed. So, what if I want to rest in my friend's hotel room? Why does she care for me? It's my life, ya know?

"Oh sorry" She apologized, and I could see that she meant it. I decided to not go anymore. My mood ruined already.

"It's fine, I'm not going anymore. May I ask? Where are you guys going?"

"Nayeon-unnie will treat us to this restaurant that she recommends."

"Okay, I will just wait for you guys in the living room" I shortly replied and was about to leave her.

I stopped in my tracks when she pulls my shirt a little. I feel like she wants to say something but she was just shy. She was blushing and I felt that she was nervous. Don't tell me what she was going to say is about her relationship with Chan...

"I'm sorry... If I ignore you this past week" She mumbled.

I wanna get mad, I wanna ignore her too so she will know what's being ignored feels like. But even though I push my feelings away, I keep coming back to her...

I sighed and pulled her hand away on my shirt gently. She looks up to me with worries.

"It's fine. I haven't notice that you're ignoring me. I don't even care honestly" I responded and leave her behind.

If I keep myself close to her, I will fall deeply and will just hurt myself. As I came into the living room, the unnies were all sitting on the couch. I smiled when Jihyo-unnie turned her gaze at me. I was surprised when she runs up to me and hugs me.

"We're all waiting for you and also you, Sana" She happily stated and I glanced at Sana, she looks sad.

"Argh! Jihyo, you don't need to run like that to Tzuyu. It makes you obvious that you like her" Jeongyeon-unnie annoyingly said and I only laughed at their bickering.

"I don't care, Ostrich!" Jihyo-unnie growled and pulled my arm as she dragged me outside.

~At the restaurant

The unnies already ordered our foods, and honestly, this place looks elegant. Nayeon-unnie has good taste when it comes to the place she eats. My gaze turn to Sana, she was spacing out. She sat in front of my desk and now I could watch how pretty she eats.

Her thoughts were cut off when the waiter placed the food on the table. We made eye contact, and I feel like, through her eyes, she was saying something... Something that I couldn't figure out.

We started to eat and she eat less. I close my eyes in frustration because she was not in her usual self. I put my spoon down and sighed.

"You should eat more, the food was delicious" I uttered, I went to her side and placed more food on her plate.

"Tzuyu-"

"We will talk later, something is bothering you and I don't like that expression on your face right now" I firmly said and she quickly nodded.

I sat beside Sana on our way home and I placed my arm on her waist, hugging her side. She hugs me back and at this moment again, curiosity kills me. What are we? Does she look at me like a little sister or what? Am I the only one who says something about the way she acts towards me?

Whenever I do skinship with her, she let me. She was not surprised anymore. I feel like this was ordinary for us. I felt something different the way she talks and holds me.

"Tzuyu... I l... you" She weakly whispers.

"What did you say, Sana?" I asked and leaned forward.

Our car drove inside the tunnel and a lot of horns will be heard that hurt my ears, I might be deaf any moment.

"I l..... you..." She continued to say whatever she saying and I'm confused about what she was talking about since it was so loud.

When our car drove out in the tunnel, I was about to ask Sana again but she already sleeping. Damn it.

I try to recall what happened but I have no idea what she was trying to say. I just watch her mouth move but I don't hear any sounds.