Chapter 13: God of Insecurities

"I can't lift it." Thor and Loki are currently at the place where the mjolnir was. Thor is trying to lift his mjolnir with the archer, whose name is Clint Barton's supervision.

"You have a lifetime to try, mate." Clint comforts him. Loki just sits on one of the benches laying around the tent. Preoccupied by the thought of the three of them going back to Asgard. If they come back, what will become of him? He is adopted. He just recently learned that, didn't he? Who will be King? It's gonna be Thor, right? What about him? What will he have? Sigyn is not there anymore. He had always told himself that being not King is alright, as long as he has Sigyn by his side. But now, if he comes back, what will he become?

His thoughts were interrupted by Zel wearing a white and elegant bodysuit with a metal chest plate. She looks ravishing. Loki then thought, Will Zel be at his side even if he does not become King?

"Zel!" He calls. Zel looks at Loki. He is wearing a blackl leather bodysuit that she guesses was from S.H.I.E.L.D, because Thor is wearing the same and because it looks like Widow and Hawk eye's uniform.

"What?" Zel asks irritably.

Loki smiles at her, somehow, that smile sends shivers down her spine. He had always been weird, but not this weird. Something is certainly wrong with him, if not, then maybe something is bothering him.

"This is like a hypothetical question so don't be bothered by it, please." He says, still looking at her with such mischief and somehow uncertainty in his eyes.

"What is it?"

"What if I wanted to stay here and not go back to our home, would you come with me instead?" This time, his voice came out begging. Zel gets confused of what he is thinking so she looks at him straight in his eyes. Ebony once met his emerald orbs. She sighs and taps on Loki's shoulder lightly.

"I know this place is very pleasant for us, people that were born to thrive and fulfil their duties but our desires should never get in the way of Ragnarok and the prophecy, Loki." Loki's eyes look away and his lips tremble.

"So you're rejecting my offer, do you really hate me that much?" Loki asks with such bitterness in his face.

"Look, Loki. I don't hate you. I don't particularly like you but I've grown to not hate you that much anymore." she smiles at him.

"But you like Thor, don't you? Everybody just likes him so I don't feel surprised at all." Zel's eyes squinted. What is happening to him? Where is all of this jealousy coming from?

"I know you're afraid of what we will see in Asgard, Loki. I'm afraid, too." Zel smiles as she massages Loki's shoulders softly. "I've lost everything that I have. I don't even know if my father is still in Vanaheim but I am hoping." she says. "And I wish to honour my aunt's death, that is why I am going to avenge her and kill Hela." Zel says as she taps on his shoulders one last time before walking towards Thor.

Loki looks at Zel and Thor with so much jealousy. "It is the very first time you talk kindly to me, Zel. But why do you have to reject me and choose Thor over me?"

The clouds turned dark and rain came after it. They all ran outside and looked at the clouds.

"They have found us." Thor breathes out under the heavy rain. Zel looks at the dark clouds and sighs nervously.

"Why do they have to find us in a trying situation like this?" she says as she grips on the sheath of her sword. "Jane, you have to go away. As far as possible." She says and Jane looks really worried but she nods her head and looks over at Thor. Thor just smiles at her and she runs to her car. She needs to find help, she needs to find Nick Fury.