Chapter 19: Mischief's Denouement

Fandral gets thrown away by the destroyer and that's when Sif jumps on the metal soldier and pierces her sword on its neck. It immediately deactivates. Lady Sif grins.

"You're not that tough, aren't you?" She says, but the fire inside the destroyer deactivates again. Sif curses and jumps away from it.

"Give me a boost!" Zel says as she and Bucky run towards the destroyer.

"What?" Bucky asks.

"We need to buy Thor some time, throw me towards that thing!" she says.

"Will you be alright?" Bucky says.

"I will. I promise." She smiles at Bucky, he then nods his head, floats in the air a little and Bucky throws her towards the destroyer so that she could reach it faster, just before it could go and reach Thor again.

Zel lands on the destroyer's head, it moves and tries to remove her but she grips on it's head and locks her legs on it. "Loki, I know you're in there. I'm not asking you to stop anymore. I just want to tell you that when this ends, I'm going to slap you in your face."

She says, gold flames surrounded her and she tried to over power the destroyer to make it stop by releasing 90% of her powers. For a moment the destroyer's face opens and retrieves the fire Zel is radiating. It is consuming her powers and if she does not stop, she's going to be drained out.

Zel shouts as her head aches.

"Stop!" Bucky says as he kicks the destroyer's head and sweeps Zel in his arms. "It's going to kill you."

"Loki won't kill me.." She says as she breathes hard, "he just wanted to drain me out so that I cannot be of help for Thor."

"What is he? Your lover? You trust him too much!"

The destroyer walks towards Thor and destroys everything in it's sight. Cars, convenience stores and everything. As if Loki wanted everything here burned and pulverised. Thor knows what is coming so he runs towards Sif.

"Sif, you've done all you can." Thor says.

"O, I will die a warrior's death!" Sif replies.

"Asgard needs you, Zel and the warriors. I am just a man without the mjolnir. You need to go and stop Loki." Thor says, running out of options.

"You will not die here alone, Thor. We will end this together." Hogun says as he and Fandral walk towards Thor and the wounded Lady Sif.

"No! You have to go back and wait for my return. Open the Bifrost for me." As much as they hated the thought of leaving Thor alone in midgard, they know that they have to go back and wait for him. For the greater good.

The destroyer reaches Thor and Sif, flipping the car they were hiding in.

"Princess, we need to go!" Zel looks at the warriors and Lady Sif that is bleeding.

"What about Thor?" she asks.

"He has a plan. We have Asgard to protect." Zel nods her head and she retrieves her sword and looks at Bucky.

"Will I see you again?" Bucky asks. She didn't know why he looked at her like that but she smiled at him.

"Certainly! Farewell, soldier!"

"Loki!" Thor says he kicked the destroyer but it shoves him away with it's huge metal hand again.

"No! Thor!" Jane runs towards Thor's tired and lifeless body and cries. "Thor, I haven't even told you my secret yet!" she cries. Terrified by the possibility of Thor actually dying here, by her side and that she can't do anything about it.