Chapter 14: Prince of Jotunheim

"I'm sorry." Loki says as Zel sleeps on the other side of the cave they are staying in. The fire separated the two of them.

"I'm sorry to you and Thor. I... I don't know what's wrong with me." He continues to confess since Zel is already asleep. He looks at the blood on her shoulders, she refuses to be treated just like the way she slapped his hands when he tried to treat her wounds in Midgard. "I've always felt like I am never enough. I've always felt different. You're right, I'm knee deep with my jealousy of Thor and these past few days, it just blinds me."

Zel keeps her eyes shut. Not wanting to open her eyes or to cause distraction to Loki opening his heart. He just needs a time and a person to tell and to wail to. He's not a bad person, he's just confused and scared. But that doesn't mean he could do impulsive things because of those emotions that are taking over him. He should be the master of his mind and not a slave of his overflowing emotions.

"I don't even want to play with you. I like you. I really do. I love Sigyn, well. Maybe, maybe that's what I thought. She was all I had before but I never felt complete and I feel really like a bastard to say this but, when I got to know you, I felt like that missing part of me, is you."

He is sobbing. He was crying silently and she could hear it. She could feel her heart ache for him. Poor Loki. But Zel deserves more than safe keeping a broken person. She cannot risk her heart for someone that is not so sure about her. If she rejects him, he has Sigyn but if she falls in love with him and he breaks her, she'll have nothing and probably feel less than usual. She wanted his whole heart, if ever. She does not wish to be an alternative to Loki's change of hearts.

"I'm sorry Zel. I don't have anything to offer to you." Zel gets enough of his silent cries and gets up. She moves closer to him and hugs him. Loki just cried more. Never did once hug him when he needed it, probably because he never really opened his heart to anyone.

"You're more than enough, Loki. You don't need to offer anything to anyone just to make them love you. That's not love. That is begging."

Loki almost melts in her embrace. She was so warm. So kind. So right.

"My feelings for you are real, Zel. You make me vulnerable. You make me feel the wonders of being in love."

...

Zel and Loki slept side by side. Their heads comfortably leaning by each other's shoulders. Zel was the first to wake up, she removes Loki's head on her shoulder and places him on her lap. He squirms and mumbles something with the new comfortable and warm position. She smiles. Now she can look at him for quite a while. He had circles in his eyes, but he looked really peaceful and innocent now that he's asleep. The mischievous god suddenly looked like an angel.

"Did you enjoy looking at me?" Loki's face suddenly forms a large smile. He opens his eyes only to meet Zel's face with the same confidence he is radiating.

"Oh, I did. I was also thinking what would you look like if I punched you in your beautiful face next time you annoy me." Loki laughs and Zel laughs as well.

"I will wait for you." Loki smiles at her as he holds her hand, "I will gain your trust and wait for you to love me too."

...

"Your beloved brother stole our tesseract." Fury says as he glares at Thor.

"He just did what has to be done, Director. If he hadn't done that, Zel could have been dead. That princess is the future of Asgard. If she dies, we're all done." Thor repeats for God how many times already today.

"That tesseract is owned by–"

"Don't tell me you own that tesseract, Director. That is a chamber for an infinity stone. You don't own that." Thor says with confidence. "What are you even studying it for?"