Chapter 40: It's A Merry Little Christmas

"But Father, why did you have such a hairstyle?" Nari asks as he cradles his little brother in his arms.

"Midgardians are terrible beings, son." Loki sighs. Pertaining about how Barton bargained for his expensive Asgardian hair. "Tell me what happened after Thor was sent somewhere."

"Heimdall kept us in a mountain, he kept us safe there, but he told the warriors and everyone left to protect the women and children. We were waiting for the mad titan to come, but he never did."

"Because he already had your mother, she's all he wanted to have.. When I did escape with the tesseract. I'm sorry I left you and Fenrir, I got all panicked when he sent Thor away."

"If that mad titan got what he wants from you as well, Father.. Then I don't know what could have happened to us anymore."

"Your uncle Thor is gone."

"But not dead, Father." Nari says. "Our people are in a new place. They should be fine here."

"That's a nice thing to hear, son. You've done well."

"I want to see Mother."

"I don't think that it's actually a good idea son–"

The father and son were stopped by Natasha's heavy footsteps from downstairs, she was followed by Bucky and Loki pushed Nari at his back by instinct.

"Barnes, what is happening?" Loki stopped Bucky, Bucky stopped and Natasha continued going up, where Zel's containment room was.

"You remember the red haired girl? Thanos's accomplice." Bucky starts off calmly. "Shit, where is Fenrir? Nari, come and get your brother with you."

"Yes, Father." Nari says and storms off from the scene.

"What? What about her?"

"She's inside Zel's room and is planning to free her."

"Oh fuck."

Just before the two of them could run upstairs, towards Zel, Tony's house shook and the glasses shattered as if they were being attacked from the outside. Bombs kept on dropping Tony's home and Loki ran after Nari. Zel could protect herself, but Fenrir and Nari could be overwhelmed by this situation.

"Barnes, I'll be attending to my sons. Come and get Zel, don't let her go."

"Sure thing, Loki." and they parted.

...

(Minutes before the explosion)

"He was in my head." Zel tells Ana. Ana shrugs her shoulders while she sits leisurely on the floor of Zel's containment room. This room does not look like a cell to her at all. She has a huge bed, although she was tied to it, and books. She even has a food storage. She has all the good life privileges here. If she was Ana, she would never go away from here. "He was not leaving. There wasn't even a single moment where I felt at peace."

"We are his daughters. We are a part of him. He will never leave us alone." Ana says and points to the mind stone on her necklace.

"Is that so?" Zel asks. She had her suspicions with Ana even before she woke up from her sleep and was introduced to Thanos as her father, saying she was chosen to help him and that she seeks revenge for Loki's death.

"Look." Ana points to the security camera on the ceiling of Zel's room "we have three minutes or less before your little annoying companions reach up in here. You have to decide if you want to come with me or not."

"Why don't you release me first?" Zel asks.

"With the power of a reality stone on your hands and your confused mind, I could never trust you with freedom."

"Ana, a family trusts each other." Zel says, suspicions rising up in her head again. She remembers being confused with the reality she was with Ana the moment she woke up that day with Loki. But then she loses consciousness and the next thing she knew was she was already on the Sanctuary II and was told that Loki was dead. And that the Avengers are the one who killed Loki when they had someone that looks like Loki, just having a shorter hair.

"I trust you, Father doesn't and I believe he has reasons to do so. Zel, you are fire. Fire burns."

"Ana, who is our mother then?" She asks as a vivid memory of a loving female with long blonde hair flashes on her mind.

"Zel this is not important now that–" their conversation was cut off by the sudden grumbling of the building's foundations, "an earthquake?"

"Fuck." Zel curses.

"What in the hell are your friends doing outside?"

"It's war. Set me free!" Zel says.

"I can't!"

"Then remember this day as the day that you had failed me, Ana." Zel says and uses her fire to breakfree from her chains. Tony knew Ana was coming for Zel, he told her to put her to test. He also knew that the mandarins are coming, so he chained her chains so that she'll be able to break free and this was the reason why Zel knows now who she should trust and who she should not. Ana however, is one of the latter.

"What the hell?" Ana says while trying to escape the crumbling building.

"Oh sister, you're not going anywhere." With the power of the reality stone, she uses the metal around her to prevent Ana from moving. She uses her chains to tie her up on her hands and she smiles as she destroys the falling rocks on her way to Ana. "You've got a lot of explaining to do."

...

"Oh for God's love, it's Christmas and our home was blown up!" Tony says, three hours before Christmas. Natasha laughs as she and Nari try to make a destroyed table to stand on.

"Shh, Tony calm down." Pepper says with a light chuckle as she brushes her lips briefly on his, making Tony's mind blown and a smile forms on his lips.

"Thank heavens I have you, Pepper."

"It's all not that bad." Natasha says as Nari and she finishes the table. "Good job, Nari."

"Thank you, Aunt Natasha."

"We have the whole sky watching us for Christmas." Steve chuckles as he places the whole case of beer on the ground and gives Bucky one bottle.

"Cheers." Bucky laughs.

"But still, we don't have food for Christmas." Tony sighs

"My fridge was not blown up." Zel says silently. Loki smiles as he stares at her. Zel has Ana tied to a huge rock, obviously not letting the girl go.

"What? I didn't quite hear that, princess?" Bruce asks innocently.

"She's saying that we could share her food." Loki smirks. "Weren't you, love?"

"Stop calling me that or I'll alter your physique!" She grits .

"Oh love, you know you like it!" Loki pushes.

"I said I don't like it, you fucktard!"

"Okay calm down, space aliens." Tony says as he pulls a red wine out of a shattered shelf from the corner of the damaged room. "It's Christmas, It's a merry little christmas and I could never be more happy having you all in here. In my once home, in Malibu. All safe and sound, though scathed."

Author's note: I know it's been so long! I am close to my semester finals and I've been writing this chapter for weeks. This story has covered a long long misery of chapters :(( I cannot end it yet so please wait for me. I'll untangle all the mess for your lovies, I'll be back. I have a new story and it will be published after this story, it's a Tom Hiddleston fic. Please comment, share and vote. Thank you for the support.

All the love,

-yggdris