Chapter 26: Always and Forever

Little Author's note: I was having a panic attack last night when I wrote the last parts of this. I cried a lot writing it. I hope you all find my heart and feel that however troubled we are, like Loki and Zel– eventually we will be okay. Not today, but we have plenty of tomorrows to choose from so losing hope and losing to our darkest fears is never an option.

...

Sif and Bucky refused to tell her the details of what happened when she was asleep. Telling her that she should just wait for Thor since he was already told of her awakening and was already on his way to Vanaheim to check on her.

Zel was in Nari's chambers, alone. The boy had grown after she left for a couple of weeks, maybe even months. His hair grew much longer and darker. His eyes were green as ever and he is starting to mumble things only he could understand.. But Zel finds it cute nonetheless.

Onda enters the room of the new Vanir Prince with a smile on her face, she calls the Queen and says, "My Queen, Prince Thor has come to Vanaheim and is waiting for you in the throne hall."

Zel nods her head and gives Nari to Onda. "I'll be back." she says to Onda and leaves.

She was nervous. She cannot help but to think that something is wrong with the look on Sif and Bucky's faces when she asks what happened to Sylvie and Loki. She reaches the throne hall and there stood Thor, smiling at her but he looks beaten. His eyes were darker than usual and his voice came out hoarse when he called her name.

"Zel, My Queen," he says. Zel looked at him worriedly as the two of them sat on the huge table on the terrace of the throne hall.

"Thor, please tell me what I have been missing." she says and her voice comes out begging. "I've asked Bucky and Sif Loki and Sylvie's situation but they refused to answer me.."

"You died, Zel." Thor starts as he relaxes himself on the chair he was sitting on. But no matter how soft the chair was, he could barely feel comfortable. He was in no situation to feel pleased about anything. "Loki and I.. were desperate to bring you back to life." Thor says. He couldn't help but to think that it was his fault why Angrboda got Loki and he couldn't get him because of the high security surrounding Jotunheim these days. He went and caused havoc there, for days. Almost everyday since that evil giantess held his brother captive but he failed to even reach the palace. They beat him up. Almost killing him and that's when Heimdall thought Thor's crazy phase was enough. He forbade Thor to get to Jotunheim again and even Thor's body is recovering with the wounds he got from trying to reach Loki, his heart was still wounded and scarred with his loss. He was still restless and dead worried about his younger brother and he knew that he would always be worried about him no matter what.

"And then what?" Zel asks. Eager to know and unfold more information.

"Angrboda. The Queen of Jotunheim was famous because of her great sorcery and black magic, do you remember her?" Thor asks. "We had talked about her ages back.."

"What about her?"

"Loki and I took you to her.. She revived you. You were brought to life, but she wished to have Loki and marry him as payment for your life." Thor says and lets out a loud sigh.

"What?" She asks. "Loki agreed with that shitty agreement? He married a monster so that I could live?" she asks again, rage filling her chest. She expected her powers to surge through her hands but her golden flames were gone. She looked at her hands in terror. Thor notices and asks,

"Zel, what's the problem?"

"Are my powers sealed again? What did Odin do to me?" she asks as she gets confused. She tried to make stalagmites but none went out of her wrists.