year 3 • chapter 1

𝙎𝙐𝙈𝙈𝙀𝙍 𝘽𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙆

Summer break has certainly been boring

Summer break has certainly been boring. (Y/N) was only able to see Harry when he was doing yard work. But on a particularly chilly night, (Y/N) heard the rolling of a trunk outside.

She jumped up from her bed and saw Harry, fuming from his ears walking to.... well, (Y/N) didn't know, but he was definitely going somewhere. (Y/N) grabbed a sweater and slipped on her slippers. Her and Fay ran alongside each other towards the front door. Fay watched as (Y/N) ran out into the cold weather, waiting by the front door.

"(Y/N)!" She heard her Uncle Theo call for her. He stood at the doorway, trying to find out why she had just run out.

"Harry!" She yelled, which made him stop in his tracks and turn around. (Y/N) couldn't stop herself, but after barely making contact with Harry, she had to embrace with a hug.

Harry stumbled back, shocked, but eventually hugged her back.

"(Y/N)." He said, sighing in relief. He suddenly felt warm inside, he felt safe, he felt loved.

"Where are you going?" She asked, pulling away.

"Erm- I don't know actually." He chuckled nervously.

"How are you even outside of that hell hole?" She laughed, trying to catch her breathe from running.

"I'll tell you later." Harry mumbled. He picked up his trunk and began walking with (Y/N) to her house. Theo was still standing there, waiting for them.

"Erm- Mr. Rose." Harry greeted, shaking his hand, like the many other times Harry had greeted him.

"Harry!" Jessie exclaimed from behind Theo. "What a pleasant surprise!" She gave Harry a tight hug.

"Erm- you don't mind if I stay a few nights, do you? Just until we leave for-"

"Of course not!" Jessie exclaimed, rubbing his back. "Come inside! Quite chilly isn't it? In the middle of summer too!" The parents walked back into the kitchen, but (Y/N) and Harry went upstairs into her room.

"You can set your trunk there." She said, pointing to her trunk as she sat down at her desk. She was in the midst of finishing up her scrapbook.

"Fay is getting so big." Harry said as he stared down at the page which consisted of a collage of pictures.

"I know." (Y/N) said simply, closing her scrapbook and fully taking in his presence.

(Y/N) noticed his hair was slightly messier than last year, his cheeks were more flushed, he grew a few inches, and his jawline had been way more defined. Once she realized she was staring she broke out of her trance and cleared her throat.

"Speaking of Fay, where is she?" Harry asked, awkwardly, stepping away to sit on her bed.

"She must be downstairs." She mumbled, tidying up her room a bit to distract her from the unfamiliar feeling in the pit of her stomach.

"Dinner!" The kids heard a faint call from downstairs.

"We'll be down in a minute!" (Y/N) yelled back, "Check this out."

In the last 2 years, (Y/N) had gained more control over her powers and kept practicing since.

Her ability to hold her form grew immensely. "I'm glad you're getting better." Harry smiled at her with a gleaming look in his eyes.

"Now, shall we go eat?" He asked, holding out his hand.

"We shall." (Y/N) said, taking his hand.

This is rlly short but I wanted to deliver as soon as possible.