year 3 • chapter 4

𝙃𝙊𝙂𝙒𝘼𝙍𝙏𝙎 𝘼𝙍𝙍𝙄𝙑𝘼𝙇

(Y/N) was seated on her bed, reading through her fire manipulation guide, trying to learn how to keep her form longer

"(Y/N)!" Jessie yelled from downstairs. She got up from her spot on her bed and opened her bedroom door, making her way downstairs.

"Are you packed? We're going to go meet The Weasleys and Hermione at the Leaky Cauldron remember?" Harry reminded her, she gasped in realization, ran back upstairs, and began to gather all of her stuff.

She grabbed her guide books and placed them in her trunk, along with her camera, scrapbook, etc.

She put Fay in her carrier, along with Fay's food. She closed her trunk and ran downstairs with all of her belongings.

"Now I'm ready." She smiled, "Great, we should get going, then!" Theo exclaimed. He helped the kids with their trunks and placed Hedwig and Fay in between Harry and (Y/N). They made their way to the Leaky Cauldron and entered the building once they had arrived.

"I'm warning you, Hermione. Keep that bloody beast of yours away from scabbers, or I'll turn it into a tea cozy!" Ron's voice yelled as soon as they walked in. Theo and Jessie walked away to go greet Arthur and Molly.

"It's a cat, Ronald! What do you expect? It's in his nature!" Hermione's voice yelled. Harry and (Y/N) walked further into the building, sneaking past them and waited for them to shut up by the stairs.

"A cat? Is that what they told you? Looks more like a pig with hair, if you ask me!" Ron said defensively, holding his rat, scabbers closely. Harry and (Y/N) looked at each other and back at them, smiling.

"That's rich, coming from the owner of that smelly old shoe brush!" Harry and (Y/N) stood there, waiting for the two to acknowledge them. "It's alright, Crookshanks. You just ignore the mean little boy." Hermione soothed that cat. Ron looked up and smiled.

"Harry!" Ron said.

'Oh, great! As if I don't exist." (Y/N) thought to herself and rolled her eyes.

"(Y/N)!" Hermione said.

"At least Hermione says hi to me." (Y/N) said sarcastically. Ron chuckled nervously, looking between her and Harry.

"Sorry. Hello, (N/N)." He said, going in to ruffle her hair. She grabbed his wrist before his hand could reach.

"Don't even think about it." (Y/N) said sternly. Ron cowardly backed away and walked away with Harry.

"I'm so glad we're finally going back to Hogwarts!" Hermione said excitedly.

"I know! I'm excited about Hagrid's class!" (Y/N) exclaimed. They walked over to sit with the boys. (Y/N) sat in front of Ron while Hermione sat in front of Harry.

"Egypt -- what's it like?" Harry asked as Ron showed him the picture of him and his family in front of a pyramid.

"Brilliant! Loads of old stuff like mummies, tombs. Even scabbers enjoyed himself!" Ron said, admiring his rat.

"You know the Egyptians used to worship cats." Hermione fired at him.

"Yeah, along with the dung beetles." Ron fired back.

"You're not flashing that clipping about again, are you, Ron?" George said, coming from behind them.

"I haven't shown anyone," Ron grunted.

"No, not a soul!" Fred grinned. George snatched the paper.

"Not unless you count Tom," Fred said.

"The day maid..." George said.

"The night maid," Fred said.

"The cook." George.

"That bloke that came to fix the toilet." Fred.

"And that wizard from Belgium!" George finished. Hermione and (Y/N) spotted Ginny and got up to talk to her.

"Ginny!" (Y/N) greeted, hugging her.

"How was Egypt? I'd rather hear it from someone other than Ron." Hermione said.

Ginny began to talk, but (Y/N) was pulled away by Fred and George.

"Hello, pretty lady!" Fred said as he draped an arm around her shoulder. George came from the other side, placing his arm on the other side of her shoulder.

"Hello to you too, my favorite set of twins." (Y/N) greeted.

"Hogsmeade weekend, you should come with us! We could go to Zonko's!" Fred offered. (Y/N) opened her mouth to speak, but was interrupted by Mrs. Weasley.

"Do not get (Y/N) dragged into your nonsense!" Molly said, shooing the twins away.

"Have you got all your books?" Molly asked (Y/N), as she did with Harry.

"Yep." she smiled.

"Your clothes, wand, guide books, everything?" Molly was the main person who encouraged (Y/N) to advance in her own powers, Molly had suggested those books to her.

"Yep, everything's in the car." (Y/N) smiled.

"Great! We best get going, the train leaves in about 30 minutes." Molly patted her shoulder and went to gather all of her kids. (Y/N) and Harry went to the Roses' car and they followed the Weasleys, who were bunched in Arthur's car.

Once they got to King's Cross, they unloaded the trunk and grabbed the animal's cages, placing Harry and (Y/N)'s belongings on their rightful owner's trolleys.

They ran through the wall, as always, and rushed towards the train. The kids gave their trolleys to the luggage carrier (?) and quickly said goodbye to the adults.

"Have a nice stay, Harry and (Y/N)! Make sure to write to us!" Jessie shouted.

"Ok! We will!" (Y/N) responded.

"Essai pour l'équipe de quidditch, j'ai entendu dire qu'il y avait une place libre!" Theo yelled in French.

(Tryout for the quidditch team, I heard there was a free place!)

"¡Voy a!" (Y/N) responded.
( I will!)

The kids rushed on the train and went to find a compartment.

I was going to write more, but I'm going somewhere and I need to get ready so enjoy this fill-in. I will upload the other fill-ins later.

hugs and kisses, xoxo

-bug out