year 3 • chapter 13

"OH, JUST FUCKING BRILLIANT! IT GOT WORSE! A MOVING TREE, A SHACK THAT SHRIEKS, AND A SERIAL KILLER WHO IS AN ANIMAGUS, AND ALSO MY FATHER!"

Previously...

"Hey, you know that kiss- what happened was just so we had a good excuse right?" Harry said and (Y/N) looked at the fireplace, instead of at him. Her eyes twinkled in the light and her eyes went blurry.

"Yeah.." She said, looking at her lap. Harry pursed his lips and his gaze lingered on her for a while, "Get some sleep. Goodnight." He paused, waiting for a response but she stayed silent. Harry sighed and went up to his bed.

.・゜゜・・゜゜・. 。・゚゚・  ・゚゚・。

Harry had woken up quite early, he'd only gotten about 2 hours of sleep and decided to get to breakfast a little earlier. He grabbed his book bag and his wand, heading downstairs, about to leave the Gryffindor tower but stopped when he noticed a figure slumped over the couch in front of the fireplace.

"(Y/N)?" He whispered, lightly shaking her shoulder. She stirred in her sleep, but didn't wake up, "Five more minutes, Hannah." she mumbled, shoving her face into the pillow, "(Y/N)." Harry said again, shaking her gently. She stirred and opened her eyes. She squinted at the light coming from the windows, "Harry?" She groaned, sitting up slowly. Her legs felt like jelly.

Harry placed a hand on the small of her back to keep her steady, "Did you stay here all night?" Harry asked, worriedly. (Y/N) held her head in her hands, groaning, nodding, "I fell asleep like, 20 minutes ago." She mumbled, her head burning in her hands. Harry sighed and shook his head.

"Here," He grabbed one of her hands and with his other arm, he helped her stand up by wrapping an arm around her shoulders, "We have at least an hour before breakfast starts, let's go to the Hufflepuff Common Room so you can get changed and freshen up. I'll get you some medicine from Madam Pomfrey." (Y/N) nodded and leaned onto his side, her head still booming and she decided to dwell in his comfort for a while.

Once they made it to the Hufflepuff tower, Harry told (Y/N) he'd meet her outside the tower when she was done, "I'm going to get that medicine," (Y/N) nodded and shrugged her way into the common room and up the girl dormitory. Everyone was still sleeping so she quietly took a fast shower and threw her hair in two braids. She shrugged back outside the Hufflepuff Common Room where Harry was waiting with medicine and a goblet of water in his hands.

"Here." He handed her the little vial of medicine and she opened it, pouring it down her throat, grimacing at the taste. She coughed, "Water." He quickly handed her the goblet and laughed at her face scrunched up.

'She's so cute when she makes that face,'  Harry thought but quickly shrugged it off. He scrunched his face at thought of him thinking that about his best friend really made him feel guilty.