year 3 • chapter 12

"DO YOU TRUST ME?"

"YES?"

"GOOD. PLAY ALONG."

Previously

Previously...

It was dark out. (Y/N) and Harry had just finished their Christmas dinner and were up in (Y/N)'s room. (Y/N) found any chance she got to flash her bracelet and Harry found it so adorable. She proudly pinned Newt's autograph on the wall by her desk and immediately looked at the subscription and excitedly looked through her new books.

Eventually, it got late and they both got settled into bed,  "Thank you, Harry." (Y/N) whispered as she was just falling asleep.

"Of course. (Y/N)." He smiled and grasped onto her hand, tightly.

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

.・゜゜・・゜゜・. 。・゚゚・  ・゚゚・。

The holiday's were over and Harry, (Y/N), Hermione, and Ron were back at Hogwarts, in their potions class. Over the break, the word got around that (Y/N), was in fact, Sirius Black's daughter and everywhere she went, people either shot glances at her, were scared of her, or whispered things under their breath and (Y/N) had just about enough of it, but she managed to hold back.

One of the Slytherin's thought it'd be funny to charm Snape's cauldron to bounce around and through the laughter, Snape fumed at his ears, "Who did this?" he demanded, eyes scanning the room for any sign of guilt. In that moment, one student, fueled by prejudice and fear, pointed an accusatory finger towards (Y/N). "It was probably (Y/N)," they sneered, and the rest of the class murmured in agreement,

"Oh, for fucks sake," (Y/N) said out loud and stood from her chair before Harry could stop her, she had already accepted her connection to Sirius Black, and now she would use it to her advantage. Her voice rang out, laced with both calmness and a sharp edge of venom. "You've all known me since our first year, and I barely found out a couple of weeks ago that Sirius Black was my father. You know I'm not capable of anything he's done." The classroom went silent and some agreed, others were still too stubborn to admit it.

Her bracelet began to glow a bright red and Harry glanced at it knowingly. One student couldn't resist making a snide comment. With a smirk playing on their lips, they leaned back in their chair and sneered, "Well, it's not surprising. After all, she's a Black. Like father, like daughter, right? I bet she's got a whole list of evil plans up her sleeve."

"Since you all just love me, and are obsessed with the fact that I am Sirius Black's daughter," her voice dripped with sarcasm, "from now on, I would like to be addressed as (Y/N) Black, Professor."

Snape paused and after a moment, he nodded. "Very well, Miss Black. Everyone, back to your work." (Y/N) huffed and sat back in her seat, "Maybe that'll teach them something." She grumbled and grabbed her quill.